X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making my own disc bag..

I have been thinking of this for a long time now and I'm gona go for it. I'm gona make the frame out of carbon fiber. First I'm gona use cardboard to do the mock-up. I dont know how I'm gona make the putter pocket yet tho.
    I do know how I want my setup. Large enough to cary 20 discs, and 1 putter. Be able to use my shoulder straps. Have a putter and mini pocket/s. have a side pocket for various stuff, like back-up minis, 2 golf balls, extra towel, extra sharpie, hacky sack(a must), asprine(for the bad days)... 2 beverage pockets, 1 large enough for a Gator Aide bottle. A seperate pocket/s(?) for score card, 2 sharpies, 1 pen.
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

I've never owned a "disc golf" bag, just used different duffel bags big enough to carry 15 discs and a small cooler (a must)!! My current bag is one I found at goodwill that holds about 17 and has a cooler attatched on one side! So, my humble thought is, since you get to pick exactly what your bag is, maybe build a small cooler in it.
    Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

I had 1 kinda like a duffle bag with a small seperated area used as a cooler. Even found frozen cooler packs for it too. Unfortunately that was 17 years ago and Innova doesnt make bags like it anymore. I was also thinking of putting small "feet" on the bottom to keep the bag from getting soaked.
      Hukin since 1992
      DGOD #115

Comment

well I made my prototype outa cardboard. 10.5 inch wide x 9.5 inch tall x 9.5 inch deep. The side pockets will be made of nylon and attached to the bag with industrial velcro. The top or lid if you will can be hinged to close with the putter on the inside of the lid. So when I close the top all the discs are inside!! Now I just gota figure out where to put the mini and sharpie pockets. I can have the girlfriend make a back pad outa fleece and that too can be velcro'd to the frame.
        Hukin since 1992
        DGOD #115

Comment

Man I just had a brilliant idea!! However I gota re design the shape of the bag. I can have the beverage compartment INSIDE the bag seperated from the discs then put the mini and sharpies where the "beverage holders" were!! Same goes for the big pocket on the other side. I can just make the framing a bit larger and keep everything inside the bag!!
          Last edited by Mikk; December 12th, 2010, 03:58 PM.
          Hukin since 1992
          DGOD #115

Comment

OMG I got it!! I can make the bag with a seperate compartment lined with UV led's and have a glow disc recharger compaerment!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Hukin since 1992
            DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
              OMG I got it!! I can make the bag with a seperate compartment lined with UV led's and have a glow disc recharger compaerment!!!!!!!!!!!!
              if we gonna put batteries in the bag....what about disc warmers for winter golf

Comment

Easy! Line the inside of the disc compartment with heated socks!! Hell you could make the whole damn bag heated if done correctly!!
                Hukin since 1992
                DGOD #115

Comment

even better for glow golf, I can modify a camera flash inside the bag in a seperate compartment. Put the disc in the pocket, flash it then throw!! No more messing up your night vision! Damn I'm ona run with this!! Anybody else got ideas??
                  Hukin since 1992
                  DGOD #115

Comment

really.
                    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

That's

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Awesome.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

sometimes I get bitten by the creative bug.. I think thats the left side of my brain cuz it hurtz now... hahahahahahaaaaa
                          Hukin since 1992
                          DGOD #115

Comment

I always liked the dedicated cell phone pocket in my old innova bag. It kept the phone from banging around in some random pocket as well as out of my pocket and very easy to find. Another consideration is Super Class compatibilty. One of my most stringent requirements in any bag I use is the ability to safely and securely house my 80 mold Midnight Flyer or any other disc I may need for a Super Class event.
                            "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Carying larger than normal size plasitic is easy with a proper design. My concern is the over all weight of the bag itself. Nobody wants to cary a heavy bag for 18+ holes of golf. My worst enemy is mother nature. Water displacement is a MUST in the pac nw.
                              Hukin since 1992
                              DGOD #115

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X