Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... it's hard to walk in my living room due to scattered discs... but at least i don't have to vacuum anymore!!!

peace,
    emmarose
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Interesting topic! How many is too many? Depends on what you think is too many!

It's funny when I do field practice in my neighborhood park, people walk by and see a stack of 12 and they say out loud: "Wow, why do you have so many frisbees?" Ball golfers don't play golf with one club so can't they figure it out?

Can you imagine what the guys that work at Innova and Discraft have for plastic? Some of these guys probably have an entire garage or basement full stacked to the ceiling.

Personally, I am trying to get rid of anything I don't want to throw. Not into collecting just to pile them up. I have been dreaming of organizing a Disc Golf swap meet. I think McMennamins Kennedy School would be a great place to rent out a room and everyone could bring the plastic they don't want anymore and trade out everything over a couple of beers and or some food.
      Steve
      http://www.BullseyeDiscGolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye Disc Golf.com View Post
        I have been dreaming of organizing a Disc Golf swap meet. I think McMennamins Kennedy School would be a great place to rent out a room and everyone could bring the plastic they don't want anymore and trade out everything over a couple of beers and or some food.

Ohhhh, a swap meet with beer and discs, me likey. I got 17 " traders " stacked up and ready to go.

Comment

A disc golf swap meet/fly mart would be totallllyyyyy awesome with a few side contests going on all day etc... lets doooo itttt!

Comment

Agreed. A swap would be awesome
            Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Originally posted by blang11 View Post
              I am aware that I own far fewer discs than most golfers I know or talk to. I think I have about 25 that cycle in and out of the bag depending on the course, and exactly 57 discs total in my possession. I am certainly not a hoarder and my discs carry very little sentimental value. Sure there are some discs I couldn't bare losing but it happens, and I definitely do not buy discs for collecting. I have lost probably 6 discs with aces on their scoreboards.

I just go through discs so fast between losing them, destroying them (trees, pavement, loss of stability) or trading them away for fresh plastic. I'm a utilitarian. I throw what works for the time being. I ask the same question of every disc, "What have you done for me lately?"
              AND THAT FOLKS IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF PRAGMATIST

I like what you say on the topic. I just unloaded about 30 discs to NA that had done nothin for me lately. Except lower my PDGA rating and elevate my temper
              Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
                AND THAT FOLKS IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF PRAGMATIST

I like what you say on the topic. I just unloaded about 30 discs to NA that had done nothin for me lately. Except lower my PDGA rating and elevate my temper
                I assume none were of the type that I might throw... wait, I don't need more discs.. what am I saying.
                Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

Originally posted by larsonjeff View Post
                  I assume none were of the type that I might throw... wait, I don't need more discs.. what am I saying.
                  I had to put my Breeze's in time out. They will go back into rotation when I feel like I can make them proud. In the mean time they are just sitting in the bin, mocking me.
                  Training to be a bagger

Comment

I have maybe 25 discs that I throw. As I lose or give away discs to new players I go buy more.

My real addiction is vinyl records. I sit on a couple thousand at any given time.
                    "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

I try to keep atleast at 100. If I get to 120 or so I sell them or give them to kids or begginers.
                      Use about 15 at a time and rotate another 50 to 60.
                      So to me 250 is too many.
                      Give some to kids.

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
                        I THINK I HAVE 300+ USDGC CHAMPION ROCS ALONE........ I WILL BE ON THE EDGE OF DIVORCE IF I DONT GET RID OF SOME OF THESE SOON. WHAT WAS I THINKING..........
                        I'd gladly do my part for your marriage by taking a few of those off your hands...

Comment

I think I have about 70 or so.
                          Shannon has about 50 herself

Neither one of us seperately has alot but when in one closet it is a nightmare.
                          According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

I HAVE DONATED A FEW USDGC ROCS TO A COUPLE OF MIKE RIDEOUT'S TOURNAMENTS IN THE PAST AND THAT HAS THINNED OUT THE CROWN, BUT I SHOULD DEFINITELY SELL SOME OF THEM OFF AT COST......THEY JUST LOOK SO PRETTY SITTING THERE THOUGH.............
                            WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

I am up to 212 discs over 10.7 years (check what's in the bag below). That is like 20 a year! However, I worked for a guy in college selling plastic and got like 50 discs during that span for free. I have also been given 30, found a few no names during my time, and the rest I bought. I have also donated around 50 over time to my classroom kids, friends, and family members. I don't hoard much of anything, but do love collecting and playing. With a son on the way I feel lucky to pass on many of my classics and perhaps sell of the rest for college or his wedding. Either way, I LOVE to buy a new disc when I visit a new course (custom stamp), a tournament disc for a memory, or an old favorite as a backup. I say as long as it doesn't hurt you too much financially, or piss your wife off too much (Dan ), then GO FOR IT! LIVE THE DREAM!!

p.s. Dan, let me know when that happens and I would gladly take one or two off your hands.
                              Last edited by JR Stengele; January 7th, 2011, 07:14 PM.
                              "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Dan you should hold a "Roc Out" event where everyone can dress up like their favorite rockstar and bid on your USDGCers. Dibs on Lemmy.
                                PDGA 42602
                                Chainbangerz DGC #32

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X