X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying a disc

I found this disc and I am impressed with how far and accurately i can throw it. I would really enjoy another one, only problem is that there isn't anything on it to identify it. No name. No stats. Nothing.

The things it does have/say are:
    Innova Champion discs
    Patent # 4,568,297

Any information on what it could be would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you for your time and effort.

Could be a Katana. Look on the underside of the disc, right in the middle, in the inch-wide circle left by the mold, and see if there's any remnants of a couple of letters written in ball-point pen.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

More than likely that is a first run proto star stamp champion boss unless it has a groove under the rim of the disc......then it is a first run proto star stamp champion groove. If the underside of the rim of the disc is flat and smooth then it is the boss and they are hard to find and worth some $$$. Be prepared to spend anywhere between $40-60 unless you get a hold of a used one.
      WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
        More than likely that is a first run proto star stamp champion boss unless it has a groove under the rim of the disc......then it is a first run proto star stamp champion groove. If the underside of the rim of the disc is flat and smooth then it is the boss and they are hard to find and worth some $$$. Be prepared to spend anywhere between $40-60 unless you get a hold of a used one.
        No groove on the underside of the rim. Lost a champion groove today actually... gotta go buy one of those now. A proto Boss though huh? that anything like the Champion Boss's around now?

Comment

Now that I actually look for the first time at the one inch circle on the underside of the disc there are the letters BO. man I feel stupid for not checking that... lol Thanks guys. you know your stuff

Comment

So it's a Champ Boss.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Indeed. Thanks for reminding me about that. Totally forgot about those letters that the stores write on the discs.

Comment

Originally posted by YukiYamani View Post
                Indeed. Thanks for reminding me about that. Totally forgot about those letters that the stores write on the discs.
                I'm pretty sure those are written on there by Innova.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Im pretty sure the first run boss is not as overstable as the ones that are out now...... "dave feldberg" boss. I believe they are much better for throwing as you mentioned and that is why they are so hard to find and worth more...... Besides being a first run with a proto star stamp on them.
                  WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/disc-comparison.html here is the handy dandy guide created by Innova concerning their discs
                    Throw What You Know.
                    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                    PDGA# 45989

Comment

If you want to back it up with something thats in current production, first figure out how much it weighs, then get a similar weight Echo Star Boss, it should fly pretty much the same as what you have now.
                      Not a regular Star, look for it to say E* in pen, in the middle.

The production run Echo Star Boss's are less stable than both the Feldbergs, and the regular Star Boss's, with good glide.

Comment

alright. i'll have to check that out. thanks again

Comment

got my echo star...

tried it out across the street today. without warming up, i missed my personal best/furthest throw by 65'. i think this disc will do just fine.

Comment

From the Innova site

INNOVA was formed in 1983 to meet the developing equipment needs of disc golfers. In that year, Dave Dunipace created the World's first disc designed specifically for the sport of Disc Golf. That first disc, the Eagle - U.S. Patent # 4,568,297
                            "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Eagle

The Innova site also says that the Eagle is now the Aero. just a putt and approach disc now... The patent number must be a general patent for the name of Innova

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X