X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc bag funk??

Ok so I played in rain and my disc bag got soaked. I tried drying it out over the house heater vent. This worked ok but my bag now has a very moldy funk to it. Should I use something like lysol spray? I dunno if you can wash a golf bag? I can smell that bag in the trunk of my car!! Its so bad I have been leaving it in the garage.
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
    Ok so I played in rain and my disc bag got soaked. I tried drying it out over the house heater vent. This worked ok but my bag now has a very moldy funk to it. Should I use something like lysol spray? I dunno if you can wash a golf bag? I can smell that bag in the trunk of my car!! Its so bad I have been leaving it in the garage.
    Wash it like you would a big jacket, let it air dry and quit holding so tight under your armpit on hot days: Alittlewouldnt hurt, maybe a dryer sheet or two

Comment

Originally posted by tomw View Post
      Wash it like you would a big jacket, let it air dry and quit holding so tight under your armpit on hot days: Alittlewouldnt hurt, maybe a dryer sheet or two
      You should also be able to dry it on low in a conventional dryer. Then I would spray it, per instructions, with scotch guard or other similar product. I have had to wash a couple of large packs and that seems to work. Short of that that a little fabrezee or similar product won't hurt.
      Throw What You Know.
      "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
      PDGA# 45989

Comment

I don't know what bag you have, if it will stand up to a washing machine, but I put my Carolina in on normal setting and it came through just fine. I hung it upside down in the shower to air dry, no problemo. The truck vinyl on the bottom made me worry about the dryer.
        The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Machine wash it, and Lysol the crap out of it.
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I did machine wash it and put it over the heater vent in the bathroom. I was kinda worried it would damage it but the bag came out fine. I just didn't wana ruin a 60$ golf bag. No more stink!! Thanks..
            Hukin since 1992
            DGOD #115

Comment

Putting it inside a mesh laundry bag or pillow case will help prevent damage in the washing machine... I'd recommend adding a little bleach when washing a moldy bag.
              Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; September 22nd, 2010, 03:32 PM.
              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X