X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable MP3 Speakers

So who has portable mp3 speakers as part of their disc golf bag?

I saw a couple people using these months ago on the course. I thought it was awesome to have music while you are playing, but still able to hear what is going on around you. (I can only imagine myself wearing headphones and getting beaned in the back of the head while someone was trying to shout, FORE!)

I picked up one today at Ross for $9.99. It was a sweet deal. I think I will enjoy using it at home as well as on the course.

Now here is a tough question with portable speakers while playing...

Is it distracting for other players? Does anybody hate it when people bring them out?
    Disc golf ruined my life.

Originally posted by mrDROCK View Post

Is it distracting for other players? Does anybody hate it when people bring them out?

I think they are annoying as hell. Most people do not realize how loud they turn up the music and when you get people on either side of you with speakers it is like shoes in a dryer.

I like headphones and try to keep my volume low enough to hear what is going on around me.

I am one person and maybe others like the speakers but I have found them to be a nuisance.
    "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

I use one, I usually keep it about half - 2/3 volume. I never adjust next to other discers but people walking I usually either hold my hand over it / turn it off. Seems rude to me to jam out next to mom and her child.

Headphones are to sloppy I feel to use them

Comment

I saw a couple people using these months ago on the course. I thought it was awesome to have music while you are playing, but still able to hear what is going on around you. (I can only imagine myself wearing headphones and getting beaned in the back of the head while someone was trying to shout, FORE!)

I picked up one today at Ross for $9.99. It was a sweet deal. I think I will enjoy using it at home as well as on the course.

You can also go to Rite-aid as well to pick up the MP3 players. $10.00

Tourney - NO - people pay money to go around the course
        casaul play - ask first...usually people won't care

Comment

It's not only distracting, but undesirable. One of the reasons I play DG is to get outside into nature, which for me means QUIET!

Music is one of my greatest passions but don't want my stroll in the park ruined by man-made sounds. I have the option to listen to music at work, in the car, and at home (which I often do).

Comment

I don't mind it so long as it's music I like. Far too many people with speakers have bad taste in music though, from my experience. And they seem to like showing off their poor taste to everyone in the park.
            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

One more vote for annoying. I'd much rather hear the birds.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I actually started a thread on here about a year ago about how much I hate those things. I agree with Jeff, we can listen to music all day long. I like golf because I get to be in nature, playing and talking with my friends.

Comment

Don't like 'em in general. Rarely like the same music those who have the speakers like. I have a set of them myself but don't use them on the course.
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I use one, but only if its ok with everyone in the group. I also have a "disc" playlist that I put on random for a safe mix, 15 hours worth, a little something for everyone. I'll be the first to admit that I listen to some weird stuff that most people wouldn't like, or even consider music...

Comment

Wow, there has been quite a bit of opposition to the portable speakers. I definitely understand the need to keep volume low and not disturb your fellow players on other holes.

Well now I am curious... for those that do listen to music while playing DG, what genre and whats bands do you listen to? Is it all classic rock or mellow jams?
                      Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

If you really want to not disturb people, just use headphones. Then you can have it as loud as you want.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Hehe, to be fair, the last round I played with someone that had speakers was with Darr at the Chick Flick. He actually had a good mix on there, and it was nice to have the tunes along.
                          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Some music is as bad as cigarette smoke.
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I did have my Ipod part of my DG gear, but the cheap speakers for $8 wore out. Time to look for some new ones.

Everyone I played with liked a little music. It wasn't loud, kinda like background music that you really have to listen hard to identify the music.

My usual crew would always say they thought something was missing when I finally remembered to turn it on in the middle of a round. Never had anybody not like it. Maybe classic rock was a good choice of music. It covers a little of what everyone likes.

I need to start checking out eBay for some new speakers that will last longer than 3 months.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X