Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrDROCK
    started a topic New Disc Day Thread

New Disc Day Thread

Is there any better day than New Disc Day?

My birthday is tomorrow, but I have already received some cash money for the event and headed down to NA to blow it. I picked up a Champion Beast and Roadrunner and a DX Stingray. The Roadrunner and Stingray are new molds to my bag and I am excited to try them out. The Beast is my workhorse for Pier Park considering the DX one I have is getting pretty chewed up.

Anyway, what do you guys think is we make this thread the New Disc Day thread and we all post here our new purchases and how they turn out?

• JMan
    replied
    Is new disc day like my day today? For me it's new computer day...oh yea
    I did get a 164 X Nuke yesterday, can't wait to air it out...

Leave a comment:

• sillybizz
    replied
    Originally posted by Kris C View Post
    Just traded a DX Roc for a Z Breeze. I've never thrown a Breeze, but from all I've heard, it should be great!
    That's a really good trade considering the Breeze is OOP and worth a little bit of money to some people. It's also a good disc. Let me know if you get tired of it.

Leave a comment:

• Kris C
    replied
    Just traded a DX Roc for a Z Breeze. I've never thrown a Breeze, but from all I've heard, it should be great!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Picked up some new stuff.

Echo Katana- the Katana I've always wanted. Alot like a broke in echo Wraith right out of the box. Way more stable than any of the other 3 regular plastic katanas I've tried.

Pd2 chaos- p plastic, nice power driver. Even in pro. In fact it's the nicest pro plastic I've ever thrown. Grippy and the extream dome seems to feel good in my hand. Good for forearm drives too. Excited for this disc to break in a bit. Gonna give any destroyers and bosses a break for a bit and use this thing in.

Echo Valk- way stable for a Valk. Really don't wanna flip at all new. Great for forehands.

Leave a comment:

• Kris C
    replied
    I just ordered the new Vector. Should be here Saturday or Monday!!

Leave a comment:

• Slick willie
    replied
    Saturday I purchased 4 discs at the awesome ( compared to the Corvallis store) Play it Again Sports store. I purchased
    Star Wraith 175 g
    Star Mako 175 g
    Champion Groove
    Star FL 173g
    I am loving all of these discs and will be purchasing 2nds of every one except the Groove.

Leave a comment:

• General Scales
    replied
    Was a great weekend for replacing and finding.

Yet another L.E ESP Comet 176 grams(Took my Z out till I have good weather again). That makes two now.
    Two Z Forces 171 grams each. Replacing the two I just lost playing around with a portable basket this weekend at Riverfront Park
    Two Discmania P Line DD2 Frenzy's 174 grams each. Both are to experiment with.

What was taken out since the last time I got new discs.
    The Latitude 64 Halo's. I can't throw them worth a damn. I got a friend who can and who was glad to take both of them for trades to be named later (probably his 162 ESP Nuke...)

Leave a comment:

• mine all mine
    replied
    Two special edition Dynamic Discs Z Drones, one Z Hornet, one star stamped Vulcan, and one production Star Vulcan.

A couple for the collection and a couple for the bag. Gotta love some new plastic!

Leave a comment:

• REDFIVE
    replied
    3 KC glow aviars.
    2 champ PD2, (Chaos)
    2 champ TLs
    1 echo mako.

Good times.

Leave a comment:

• captain jack
    replied
    I lurvs me some new disc day.

Hmmm, lets see.
    Pair of Asia Open Champion XD's

Protostar Star Wedge's

Vibram X Link VP

Vibram soft VP

and no pics yet;

New Firm Ascent
    New Chunk Summit
    and I have a new Glow Z Nuke coming.

Leave a comment:

• Uhlman
    replied
    A recently traded a Roc for a viper (why would i trade a roc... well i wasn’t using it and i wanted to try the viper without investing in one). I am thinking that the viper may have a place in bag after a tragic loss of my panther. Granted it is on the opposite side of the panther as far as stability but I think it will be great for the same shots (distance wise) as the panther as it seems to be fairly controllable.

Leave a comment:

• General Scales
    replied
    So I got a few new toys the other day. Two via snail mail and two via UPS.

Via Snail Mail:

2010 Memorial Cryztal Z Focus 171
    2010 Willamette Open Z Ringer 173
    Dion's the man and I want more of them!

Via UPS:
    Goldline Halo 171
    Goldline Halo 173
    These are testers to see what Latitude's high speeds are like.

Leave a comment:

• jdinteg
    replied
    I bought a New Innova Star 1st run Vulcan 171g from DG Depot. Holy Cow! This is the 1st time I have thrown 400' before. (Maybe I had an accidental roller, or tossed into the river and it floated 400' once). But I threw this thing twice at that distance. Released on slight hyzer, turns over slightly, then hyzer back. Prettiest S curve I have ever been able to achieve. I'm not a great arm by any stretch, so I am tickled how this thing flies. Thrown flat on release it has a great turnover for me. Nice big anhyzer shot, Like hole 3 at Lunchtime. Total game changer for my clear distance shots off the tee.

Leave a comment:

• captain jack
    replied
    I had to do some work in Auburn this week, so I stopped into Mandos.
    Havent been there is at least a year.

Found a light 168 Z Nuke, and a nice 11x Eagle L.

Then Mary says I have a freebie coming.

So I grabbed a sweet looking Star Xcal Xout.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X