X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Disc Day Thread

Is there any better day than New Disc Day?

My birthday is tomorrow, but I have already received some cash money for the event and headed down to NA to blow it. I picked up a Champion Beast and Roadrunner and a DX Stingray. The Roadrunner and Stingray are new molds to my bag and I am excited to try them out. The Beast is my workhorse for Pier Park considering the DX one I have is getting pretty chewed up.

Anyway, what do you guys think is we make this thread the New Disc Day thread and we all post here our new purchases and how they turn out?
    Disc golf ruined my life.

On Saturday I purchased a Halo by latitude 64 and it seems to throw just like my champion boss. The colors are unique but I'm a bit concerned about them hiding.

Comment

well I can think of one the day when your wife says "hon why don't you take the day off to play disc golf. oh, and here is some money for a new disc and some beer."
      Throw What You Know.
      "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
      PDGA# 45989

Comment

Igot new surge ss wow flippy thing it is so 45 degree angle bam long ways this disc will fly
        PDGA # 31451
        2 Mini Aces
        74 Aces
        PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
        DISC GOLF OR DIE
        BOB CABAL
        DISCVANGO
        JEFF ELLIOT
        G-MAN
        JORDAN LEWIS
        JEFF HAGERTY
        JAMES GARCELON
        SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

New Echo Valk! I love orange; they have good grip and are easy to find.

Took it to the field and it feels nice.
          When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

I took my new bag and discs out yesterday to hit Pier and Greenway and found the Champ Beast and Roadrunner weird out of the box. It is normal for Champion plastic to be a little overstable when it is brand new? I heard something like that before.

Comment

I find Champion discs to feel the most overstable off the shelf.
              Star isn't quite as bad... but still needs some love.

If you liked your DX Beast off the shelf, just break in the new one and enjoy.
              Pier park should be a good place for that, decent number of trees.

I find Roadrunners to be an awkwardly fast and understable disc to throw with consisitency... maybe just me though. Don't know the rays...
              When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                If you liked your DX Beast off the shelf, just break in the new one and enjoy.
                Pier park should be a good place for that, decent number of trees.
                That is what I am hoping. I got the Champ plastic to take on the trees since they have been eating my DX discs.

Comment

Bought a Star Katana from Bob at a park in Orlando, Florida. Holy crap, that disc is stable compared to my champ Katanas. But since star breaks in pretty quickly, I hope it will be more katana-like after some North Park Time.
                  What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Comment

A Katana at NP!?
                    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Brand new, 11X K.C. Pro Gazelle, solid black.

I have never seen any disc before in solid black Champion/C.E. plastic.
                      I have seen black Champion discs like the ones Mark has on DGV, but those are all kinda smokey.

This Gazelle is more like black Star plastic, completely opaque, no light goes through it. I tried a flashlight, but not even a glow comes through.
                      I know its Champ/C.E. because thats the only plastic that 11X's were made in.
                      Thing bombs really straight, just like the old one. Has white writing on it, so its pretty easy to spot, but I aint playin' any night golf with it any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        A Katana at NP!?
                        A TIGER, in AFRICA?!?
                        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Got my first eco-star plastic Mako. Flies just like my star Mako.
                          Hukin since 1992
                          DGOD #115

Comment

My son Marlowe picked out his first disc:

Rhynos are delicious!!!

Comment

KOI-TANA

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X