X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kris C View Post
    I know the Flick is 2.5 and the Force is 2.0, but it seems to me that I could put a little more hyzer on the Force than the Flick and it would level out. Maybe it's because the Force is a faster disc, or maybe it's the way I throw... Either way, the Force ended up being a better driver for me.
    Indeed the Force is mucho better. I just got a few mor z versions myself
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

The USPS says my package containing my new Wahoos is "Out for delivery"... WAHOO !!! As it will be dark when I get home, I will have to wait until tomorrow to throw this baby
      Throw What You Know.
      "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
      PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
        The USPS says my package containing my new Wahoos is "Out for delivery"... WAHOO !!! As it will be dark when I get home, I will have to wait until tomorrow to throw this baby
        The R-Pro Wahoos (i received) are very sticky and are a firm r-pro blend but still feel very soft. The rim size and overall weight of the disc feel good in the hand, but I am not sure about the stickiness of the disc. I am hoping that some of the stickiness of this disc will go away once itís been thrown a couple of times.
        Throw What You Know.
        PDGA# 45989

Comment

Wahoo Test Flight

The R-Pro Wahoos (i received) are very sticky and are a firm r-pro blend but still feel very soft. The rim size and overall weight of the disc feel good in the hand, but I am not sure about the stickiness of the disc. I am hoping that some of the stickiness of this disc will go away once it’s been thrown a couple of times.

Conditions:
          48 degrees
          Mostly sunny
          No precipitation
          Wind: West at 21mph with Gusts 30mph
          Humidity: 47%

Observations:
          Throw 1: Downwind RHBH
          Distance: 25’
          I underestimated the stickiness of this disc the throw went straight into a cement curb bounced and skidded on asphalt for about 5 feet. Disc now has dings in flight plate and on edge where it hit the curb.

Throw 2: Upwind RHBH
          Distance: 150’
          Better but Once again the stickiness of this disc caused unwanted griplock which resulted in a less then favorable result.

Throw 3: Crosswind from right RHBH
          Distance: 200’
          Better distance by this time probably because by this time the disc had a light coat of dust.

Throw 4: Crosswind from right RHBH
          Distance: 275’ with a 25' roll for 300'
          Once I solved the sticky disc issue, this disc really flew.

Other observations:
          The disc plastic is very soft be careful around trees and other hard surfaces (it’s R-Pro so chance are you already knew that).
          You can tame the stickiness of this disc with a liberal coat of dust or chalk on either your hand or the disc.
          I don’t know whether it was the weather conditions, the disc, the way I threw it, or a combination of those factors but this disc like to roll.
          I can’t wait for this disc to come out in more durable plastic.
          Last edited by Uhlman; December 14th, 2010, 12:35 PM. Reason: corrected weather conditions
          Throw What You Know.
          PDGA# 45989

Comment

I canít wait for this disc to come out in more durable plastic.
            Don't count on it. The whole point is for it to be a floater, and I think they used R-Pro because it's the only plastic they have that would float with this mold.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Gigity

Comment

I've been playing with a few new discs lately

The River - A latitude disc in their version of champ plastic... really straight out of the box... think Tee-bird... the disc is a wide mold (the same diameter as a roc) this gives it the feel of a sharp edge roc (it's a little doomy). I imagine this disc could really get a lot of work as a hyzer to straight woods disc. I would be curious to hear what a great roc thrower (Tim comes to mind) thinks of it.

Comment

150 class

I bought some 150 class discs for the winter.
                  Lighten up the throw, work on technique...
                  I love it!
                  The putters are quite the experience.
                  When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

A couple of old favorites now available in Pro plastic (again). I just picked up a stack of Pro Orcs and Valkyries from the Depot last week and tried them yesterday. Also grabbed a couple Pro Wraiths. Loving them all, especially the Orc. These are a little on the overstable side for my arm, but they will beat in a lot faster than the Champ version.

Comment

If I remember Pro Orcs, they'll come around soon enough. Just bang 'em into stuff. I'm getting too weak to through anything these days. My drives are well under 250 now. It's scary how fast I'm going downhill. Still throwing pretty straight and that's something.
                      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Take a wild guess at what i got!?!

When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

I had to do some work in Auburn this week, so I stopped into Mandos.
                          Havent been there is at least a year.

Found a light 168 Z Nuke, and a nice 11x Eagle L.

Then Mary says I have a freebie coming.

So I grabbed a sweet looking Star Xcal Xout.

Comment

I bought a New Innova Star 1st run Vulcan 171g from DG Depot. Holy Cow! This is the 1st time I have thrown 400' before. (Maybe I had an accidental roller, or tossed into the river and it floated 400' once). But I threw this thing twice at that distance. Released on slight hyzer, turns over slightly, then hyzer back. Prettiest S curve I have ever been able to achieve. I'm not a great arm by any stretch, so I am tickled how this thing flies. Thrown flat on release it has a great turnover for me. Nice big anhyzer shot, Like hole 3 at Lunchtime. Total game changer for my clear distance shots off the tee.
                            PDGA# 49616
                            Stumptown# 353
                            OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

So I got a few new toys the other day. Two via snail mail and two via UPS.

Via Snail Mail:

2010 Memorial Cryztal Z Focus 171
                              2010 Willamette Open Z Ringer 173
                              Dion's the man and I want more of them!

Via UPS:
                              Goldline Halo 171
                              Goldline Halo 173
                              These are testers to see what Latitude's high speeds are like.
                              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                              Cleveland Brown

Comment

A recently traded a Roc for a viper (why would i trade a roc... well i wasn’t using it and i wanted to try the viper without investing in one). I am thinking that the viper may have a place in bag after a tragic loss of my panther. Granted it is on the opposite side of the panther as far as stability but I think it will be great for the same shots (distance wise) as the panther as it seems to be fairly controllable.
                                Throw What You Know.
                                PDGA# 45989

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X