X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theorems of night golf equipment

With shorter days coming and aside from glow in the dark (which may or may not glow in the dark), and the limited number and non-PDGA sanctioned lighted discs:

What do you use to light your discs when playing night golf?

Where on the disc do you attach said light?

How do you attach said light?

How many discs do you use when playing night golf?
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

1 disc - cryztal buzz, packing tape, 3 inch green glow stick buy in bulk from glow websites. Double or triple tape so it dosent fall off. Went -9 at highlands with this disc at the masters championships.

Comment

Red LED taped to a watch battery, then tape to bottom of clearish disc with clear duct tape. I've never had one fall off.

Comment

Disc Golf Beacon with clear Duct tape to a Champion or Elite Z disc for better visibility from the light.
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Glow Z MRV and glow Z Buzzz. Charge them with a LED blacklight.
          A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
            Glow Z MRV and glow Z Buzzz. Charge them with a LED blacklight.
            where does one find a such a device
            Throw What You Know.
            PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
              Did your computer not come with Google?

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

What's a google?

Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Its not actually mine so I'll ask my friend sometime. I'm sure they're on the internet somewhere. I believe they might also be at Spencers at the Mall.
                  A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                    Did your computer not come with Google?
                    But that would be two easy

they are 11.50 from Amazon, I was more interested in where to get them locally (within 300 miles of portland).
                    What wavelength works the best? (again google I know but I am more intresed in personal experence)
                    Last edited by Uhlman; September 2nd, 2010, 04:21 AM.
                    Throw What You Know.
                    PDGA# 45989

Comment

When we decide to play night/glow golf we have found that two methods work well. We usually start with champ or z plastic (translucent) and then we use high quality 3m packing tape to tape on either glow sticks or glow necklaces.
                      We found buying the necklaces online as the best way to acquire them.
                      However, the glow sticks (my favorite) are pretty cheap from wal-mart. Take a look in the fishing department I think they are called beacon bobbers or something like that.

I tape the glow stick to the middle of the underside of the disc.
                      Using either method we have lost 0 discs.
                      The harder issue is lighting the baskets up. We use the necklaces and string them parallel to the pole (vertically). However, if I was to play a lot of glow golf I would use those solar landscaping lights and attach them to the top of the basket. The one I use at home seems to light up my practice basket well enough to see my chain link but not so well I feel blinded.

I usually use just one disc, (teebird) namely because it is the disc I can pull almost any shot off with. I also don't have a clear putter (the glow necklaces were strong enough to light up pro plastic).

Hope all is well in Pendleton.

-kris

Comment

Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
                        When we decide to play night/glow golf we have found that two methods work well. We usually start with champ or z plastic (translucent) and then we use high quality 3m packing tape to tape on either glow sticks or glow necklaces.
                        We found buying the necklaces online as the best way to acquire them.
                        However, the glow sticks (my favorite) are pretty cheap from wal-mart. Take a look in the fishing department I think they are called beacon bobbers or something like that.

I tape the glow stick to the middle of the underside of the disc.
                        Using either method we have lost 0 discs.
                        The harder issue is lighting the baskets up. We use the necklaces and string them parallel to the pole (vertically). However, if I was to play a lot of glow golf I would use those solar landscaping lights and attach them to the top of the basket. The one I use at home seems to light up my practice basket well enough to see my chain link but not so well I feel blinded.

I usually use just one disc, (teebird) namely because it is the disc I can pull almost any shot off with. I also don't have a clear putter (the glow necklaces were strong enough to light up pro plastic).

Hope all is well in Pendleton.

-kris
                        The only issue with those beacon glow sticks is their expense (3.49 for 4). I was looking the party supplies yesterday (today is my son's first Birthday) and I found a pack of 12 glow bracelets for $3, which is a lot cheaper 9and they seem to work just as well).
                        I really like the beacons though they are small and light.
                        I have also used the led and battery method. One 3v battery will effectively light up 2 LEDs. The LEDs are cheap but the batteries are expensive comparatively.
                        I realy liked the solar light idea a wanted them to use thoes for our glow round here last weekend. the glow sticks work well but if you are running a weekly glow event this could get expensive quick.
                        Throw What You Know.
                        PDGA# 45989

Comment

lighting baskets up is cheating, putt in the dark bro... the 3 inch glow sticks cost about .40-.50 cents each online

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                            lighting baskets up is cheating, putt in the dark bro... the 3 inch glow sticks cost about .40-.50 cents each online
                            Say you have a multi-week glow league here is the break down.
                            you play the same 9 holes twice. The league is 6 weeks long.
                            You buy 2 glow sticks per hole per week. The Low end comes to $43.20 high comes to $54.00. At 1 glow stick per hole thatís 21.60 low and $27 high. Add shipping if you buy them online.
                            The solar lights are about $3 you only have to buy 1 for each target. That comes to $27 for 9 holes that you can use for at least 3 years (thatís the approximate life of an led).

But to each his own
                            Throw What You Know.
                            PDGA# 45989

Comment

Say you have a multi-week glow league here is the break down.
                              you play the same 9 holes twice. The league is 6 weeks long.
                              You buy 2 glow sticks per hole per week. The Low end comes to $43.20 high comes to $54.00. At 1 glow stick per hole that’s 21.60 low and $27 high. Add shipping if you buy them online.
                              The solar lights are about $3 you only have to buy 1 for each target. That comes to $27 for 9 holes that you can use for at least 3 years (that’s the approximate life of an led).

But to each his own
                              You could charge $1 or $2 per person for the lights every week, like a course fund.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X