X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeves and Concrete

How much crete is necessary to encase a sleeve for stability and security? I've got a 9-holer to plant.

http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=5419
    Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

get 9- 5 gal buckets and set the collars in concrete in the buckets, then bury those. Then you can easily change positions in the future if need be by digging up the buckets. It works at Terrace. 1 or 2 bags per bucket would do it, yeah?
    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
      get 9- 5 gal buckets and set the collars in concrete in the buckets, then bury those. Then you can easily change positions in the future if need be by digging up the buckets. It works at Terrace. 1 or 2 bags per bucket would do it, yeah?
      This does work great, however, if there is any fear of stolen baskets, this does make it easier for the thieves. At Milo we've taken to digging the hole, and driving rebar horizontally in through the the dirt, the hole and back into the dirt on the other side. This makes it very hard to pull the anchors out of the ground. We figured if we need a new pin position we'll spend the 17 bucks on another collar.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I have always used a bag and a half of concrete.
        It all depends on how big and deep you make your hole. Use gravel in the bottom to adjust the height if you dig to deep.
        If your dealing with sandy or gravel type soil you might want to use 2 bags of concrete so the basket doesn't get wobbly a year later.

Here's a link to some good instructions: http://www.innovadiscs.com/media/PDF...er_install.pdf

Comment

I weld the sleeve to an old car wheel and bury that. Cheaper and easier than concrete IMO. The bigger the theft risk, the bigger, heavier, piece of junk, and the deeper you put it down there.

If there's a danger of the basket being parted out on the spot, just a dab of bronze melted into the joints will stop that. The zinc coating is the perfect flux for the bronze to flow into the joint. All you need is a small oxy/acetylene rig to do it on site.

Remember, anyone who knows how can cut a lock, though it's hard to do quietly. I see that as the weakest link to overcome.
          Last edited by Ol' Bob; August 18th, 2010, 09:38 AM.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

2 to 4 bags per collar, depending on how secure you want the baskets to be.
            Dont forget to orient the lock to the tee.

Comment

If you use a bucket, then use a spacer (3" or 4") between the collar and bottom of the bucket to raise it up higher. This will allow for more dirt between the bucket and the ground level, which helps to stablilize the anchor and makes the basket more secure.

Also, if you use a bucket, make sure that the bucket is not visible to the casaul player. We don't want the masses to know how the anchor collar is secured in the ground. It might give the shady characters some ideas that they deserve the baskets more that the DG community.

Comment

Thanks, guys!

Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X