Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonesy
    started a topic latitude 64, river

latitude 64, river

i chucked my sidewinder to the bottom of the ridge on rooster E course hole 9 the other day and refused to even look for it. so, after some research, my thoughts on replacing it were the xpress and the river. since everyones xpresses are out of stock for some reason at the same time i found a river at NA. they now have lat in. i picked up a 169 opto line. ive found so far that when released flat it has a similar flight path to the striker, straight with a light hyzer fade at the end. not really understable at all. it's also slightly larger diameter than most discs with a really deep rim. not a good replacement for a sidewinder.
    ________
    LESBIAN BLONDE
    Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 02:01 PM.

• Parks
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
    i'm not saying its not possible that there are variations, i've just not seen it and what you described above doesn't apply to my discs or the others i've thrown. next someone will say the yellows are more overstable than the blues......but only on sunny days after 1pm.
    The difference is that those people are wrong, and I am right.

Leave a comment:

• Burge
    replied
    Originally posted by Parks View Post
    It isn't really the dome that is making it more stable, as that is a side effect. Its the parting line height. Higher = more stable, lower = less.

Other manufacturers have similar effects in their discs, I just think Latitude is new enough to the game to where they don't have the knowledge to consistently cool their plastic yet. Or maybe Opto is really temperamental.

I've got a flat, tight as a drum Predator that was super overstable because it pulled the wing up. I've got a really domey poppy top Destroyer that also has pulled the wing up some, and it is ridiculously overstable. I used to be able to throw it like a roller, it would pan out, and then flare up at the end for pretty decent distance. Its beat in now to the point where its just very overstable now.

Basically, check the parting line height of those Visions and Strikers and you will see more correlation than with dome.
    I think you've got something there... I drove myself crazy trying to find two Illusions, in the hard S plastic--not that soft crap, that were the same out of the box. But then, we are talking about Gateway and i would have to say they are notorious for their inconsistancy.

Leave a comment:

• Jonesy
    replied
    both my striker and my vision are domey. the striker is dead straight with a touch of hyzer fade at the end and the vision as i said is like a beat up sidewinder. all the strikers and visions i've seen look the same. i'm not saying its not possible that there are variations, i've just not seen it and what you described above doesn't apply to my discs or the others i've thrown. next someone will say the yellows are more overstable than the blues......but only on sunny days after 1pm. from what i've seen latitude is fairly consistant within the different plastic lines.

Leave a comment:

• Parks
    replied
    Originally posted by Floodj32 View Post
    One thing no one has mentioned is that Latitude discs have three different flight paths for each model. They have to do with the Dome of the disc.
    It isn't really the dome that is making it more stable, as that is a side effect. Its the parting line height. Higher = more stable, lower = less.

Other manufacturers have similar effects in their discs, I just think Latitude is new enough to the game to where they don't have the knowledge to consistently cool their plastic yet. Or maybe Opto is really temperamental.

I've got a flat, tight as a drum Predator that was super overstable because it pulled the wing up. I've got a really domey poppy top Destroyer that also has pulled the wing up some, and it is ridiculously overstable. I used to be able to throw it like a roller, it would pan out, and then flare up at the end for pretty decent distance. Its beat in now to the point where its just very overstable now.

Basically, check the parting line height of those Visions and Strikers and you will see more correlation than with dome.

Leave a comment:

• Floodj32
    replied
    One thing no one has mentioned is that Latitude discs have three different flight paths for each model. They have to do with the Dome of the disc.

Example: Dome striker is understable, Flat is stable, and indented is overstable.

For Visions I have found that the dome ones tend to be more stable and the flat top ones are very understable. Although I don't throw many visions, a Dome striker fills that role in my bag.

Leave a comment:

• Ol' Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Burge View Post
    Dude, if you want to lose discs, throw tie-dye. The first disc I ever bought, which is also the first disc I ever lost, was a tie-dye. Needless to say, it was also the last tie-die I ever bought.
    It's even more amazing how many tie dyes are still out there somewhere. I can think of several I saw go into the void and have not found them in years.

Leave a comment:

• ROC
    replied
    I threw mine into the river at riverside. Coincidence? I think so.

Leave a comment:

• Burge
    replied
    the express throws very much like a new sidewinder
    I've got a Z Xpress and I think it has a bit more high speed turn than that--more like a beat-up Eagle.

Leave a comment:

• Burge
    replied
    Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
    It is amazing how many tie-dyes pass through my lost-and-found.
    Dude, if you want to lose discs, throw tie-dye. The first disc I ever bought, which is also the first disc I ever lost, was a tie-dye. Needless to say, it was also the last tie-die I ever bought.

Leave a comment:

• Jonesy
    replied
    i picked up an z xpress and a opto vision to try replacing my sidewinder and threw them along side a new sidewinder. all 170ish. the express throws very much like a new sidewinder and the vision throws just like my old beat up sidewinder. the wiener is.............172 latitude 64 opto sparkle vision! i also replaced my older champion destroyer with a new z force and it performed perfectly in the north bonneville head winds. my xd putter is now the only innova disc in my bag.

Leave a comment:

• Ol' Bob
    replied
    i don't throw tie dye.
    It is amazing how many tie-dyes pass through my lost-and-found.

Leave a comment:

• Jonesy
    replied
    99 percent of the money i spend on disc golf goes to jerry. im picky. he was out of z expresses and forces in solid colors and as far as last week didn't have rivers. i don't throw tie dye.
    ________
    Mercury park lane picture
    Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jevon
    replied
    so, after some research, my thoughts on replacing it were the xpress and the river. since everyones xpresses are out of stock for some reason at the same time i found a river at NA.
    Did you try the depot? Jerry had his trailer at vance last night with some xpresses on board.

Leave a comment:

• Jonesy
    replied
    thank u burge.
    ________
    St1300
    Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 02:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X