Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

both my striker and my vision are domey. the striker is dead straight with a touch of hyzer fade at the end and the vision as i said is like a beat up sidewinder. all the strikers and visions i've seen look the same. i'm not saying its not possible that there are variations, i've just not seen it and what you described above doesn't apply to my discs or the others i've thrown. next someone will say the yellows are more overstable than the blues......but only on sunny days after 1pm. from what i've seen latitude is fairly consistant within the different plastic lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
      It isn't really the dome that is making it more stable, as that is a side effect. Its the parting line height. Higher = more stable, lower = less.

Other manufacturers have similar effects in their discs, I just think Latitude is new enough to the game to where they don't have the knowledge to consistently cool their plastic yet. Or maybe Opto is really temperamental.

I've got a flat, tight as a drum Predator that was super overstable because it pulled the wing up. I've got a really domey poppy top Destroyer that also has pulled the wing up some, and it is ridiculously overstable. I used to be able to throw it like a roller, it would pan out, and then flare up at the end for pretty decent distance. Its beat in now to the point where its just very overstable now.

Basically, check the parting line height of those Visions and Strikers and you will see more correlation than with dome.
      I think you've got something there... I drove myself crazy trying to find two Illusions, in the hard S plastic--not that soft crap, that were the same out of the box. But then, we are talking about Gateway and i would have to say they are notorious for their inconsistancy.
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
        i'm not saying its not possible that there are variations, i've just not seen it and what you described above doesn't apply to my discs or the others i've thrown. next someone will say the yellows are more overstable than the blues......but only on sunny days after 1pm.
        The difference is that those people are wrong, and I am right.
        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X