Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. And I'll get another Roadrunner!
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

The Vision, off the shelf, is like a faster beat-up Sidewinder, on release, that will fade back like a new Sidewinder at the end. A Roadrunner, off the shelf, is like a slower, slightly beat-up Sidewinder that won't fade back as much at the end. The Vision is a great disc. If you haven't developed a gorilla arm yet, then you can probably get it out there farther than your Sidewinder. If you've got a +400' throw, then it's a great hyzerflip disc, or even a roller. I can crank out a Destroyer and then hyzerflip a Vision and I'll always get the same D.

Lat64's plastics are superior to all others. Goldline is like really hard Star with a little metalflake mixed in and Opto is somewhere between Champion and Gummi Champ. And both are more durable that their Innova comparisons.
      Last edited by Burge; August 2nd, 2010, 04:47 PM. Reason: typo
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I've heard a lot of people comment that they don't like the way Goldline flies. They say it lacks glide in a lot of molds. I didn't think it felt that great, either.

Opto, on the other hand, is amazing. Grippy, durable, and as glidey as any other premium plastic.
        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
          I've heard a lot of people comment that they don't like the way Goldline flies. They say it lacks glide in a lot of molds. I didn't think it felt that great, either.
          Hmmm...I've got an Opto Vision and a Goldline Vision (only a gram apart) and I would say that the Goldline one likes to stay in the air longer than the Opto, but I would not say that the plastic is the deciding factor, but rather that the Goldline Vision looks a little flatter than Opto version and also goes a little faster.

Opto, on the other hand, is amazing. Grippy, durable, and as glidey as any other premium plastic.
          Opto is also different between molds...I had a yellow Opto Vison that was way more flexi than a purple one I bought later, yet I have an Opto Riot that is as hard as CE.
          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

thank u burge.
            ________
            St1300
            Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
              so, after some research, my thoughts on replacing it were the xpress and the river. since everyones xpresses are out of stock for some reason at the same time i found a river at NA.
              Did you try the depot? Jerry had his trailer at vance last night with some xpresses on board.

Comment

99 percent of the money i spend on disc golf goes to jerry. im picky. he was out of z expresses and forces in solid colors and as far as last week didn't have rivers. i don't throw tie dye.
                ________
                Mercury park lane picture
                Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 01:03 PM.

Comment

i don't throw tie dye.
                  It is amazing how many tie-dyes pass through my lost-and-found.
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

i picked up an z xpress and a opto vision to try replacing my sidewinder and threw them along side a new sidewinder. all 170ish. the express throws very much like a new sidewinder and the vision throws just like my old beat up sidewinder. the wiener is.............172 latitude 64 opto sparkle vision! i also replaced my older champion destroyer with a new z force and it performed perfectly in the north bonneville head winds. my xd putter is now the only innova disc in my bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                      It is amazing how many tie-dyes pass through my lost-and-found.
                      Dude, if you want to lose discs, throw tie-dye. The first disc I ever bought, which is also the first disc I ever lost, was a tie-dye. Needless to say, it was also the last tie-die I ever bought.

Comment

the express throws very much like a new sidewinder
                        I've got a Z Xpress and I think it has a bit more high speed turn than that--more like a beat-up Eagle.

Comment

I threw mine into the river at riverside. Coincidence? I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Burge View Post
                            Dude, if you want to lose discs, throw tie-dye. The first disc I ever bought, which is also the first disc I ever lost, was a tie-dye. Needless to say, it was also the last tie-die I ever bought.
                            It's even more amazing how many tie dyes are still out there somewhere. I can think of several I saw go into the void and have not found them in years.
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

One thing no one has mentioned is that Latitude discs have three different flight paths for each model. They have to do with the Dome of the disc.

Example: Dome striker is understable, Flat is stable, and indented is overstable.

For Visions I have found that the dome ones tend to be more stable and the flat top ones are very understable. Although I don't throw many visions, a Dome striker fills that role in my bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Floodj32 View Post
                                One thing no one has mentioned is that Latitude discs have three different flight paths for each model. They have to do with the Dome of the disc.
                                It isn't really the dome that is making it more stable, as that is a side effect. Its the parting line height. Higher = more stable, lower = less.

Other manufacturers have similar effects in their discs, I just think Latitude is new enough to the game to where they don't have the knowledge to consistently cool their plastic yet. Or maybe Opto is really temperamental.

I've got a flat, tight as a drum Predator that was super overstable because it pulled the wing up. I've got a really domey poppy top Destroyer that also has pulled the wing up some, and it is ridiculously overstable. I used to be able to throw it like a roller, it would pan out, and then flare up at the end for pretty decent distance. Its beat in now to the point where its just very overstable now.

Basically, check the parting line height of those Visions and Strikers and you will see more correlation than with dome.
                                We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X