X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latitude 64, river

i chucked my sidewinder to the bottom of the ridge on rooster E course hole 9 the other day and refused to even look for it. so, after some research, my thoughts on replacing it were the xpress and the river. since everyones xpresses are out of stock for some reason at the same time i found a river at NA. they now have lat in. i picked up a 169 opto line. ive found so far that when released flat it has a similar flight path to the striker, straight with a light hyzer fade at the end. not really understable at all. it's also slightly larger diameter than most discs with a really deep rim. not a good replacement for a sidewinder.
    ________
    LESBIAN BLONDE
    Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 01:01 PM.

I have a Gold Line River and it flies very much like my Z Xpress -- perhaps a touch flipper than the Xpress. If I throw the River with any anhyzer, it doesn't want to come out of the turn.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

huh
      ________
      Portuguese recipes
      Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

that much difference between gold and opto perhaps?
        ________
        Asian gay
        Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I would sooner throw a disc named "Tree", or even "Hornet's Nest", before I would throw a disc named "River".
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

anyone have thoughts on how the vision flys?
            ________
            BABE LATINA
            Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

The Vision is supposed to be quite Sidewinder-esque. I threw a friend's once and it sure seemed to be the case.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

The Vision is one of the only discs I've throw right off the shelf that held an anhyzer line even from a hyzer flip.
                Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Visions are a very flippy disc out of the box. It is a favorite among low power players in my area.

The River is supposed to be more like a Valkyrie than a Sidewinder, except that it Valkyries harder than any Valkyrie has ever Valkyried before. Or something. I've never thrown one.
                  We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

I thought the River was more like a Leopard, or possibly a TL. In other words, more of a fairway driver than "distance driver."
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

The rim thickness is 1.8cm, which puts it right between a TL and a Valkyrie.

Either way, people are considering 1.9cm rim drivers to be long fairway drivers these days, even though a Valkyrie is probably my most consistently long disc.
                      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

lol i thought river had water in it
                        PDGA # 31451
                        2 Mini Aces
                        74 Aces
                        PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                        DISC GOLF OR DIE
                        BOB CABAL
                        DISCVANGO
                        JEFF ELLIOT
                        G-MAN
                        JORDAN LEWIS
                        JEFF HAGERTY
                        JAMES GARCELON
                        SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

I throw sidewinders as my main driver and honestly I haven't found another disc that is exactly like a sidewinder. Just get another sidewinder IMHO. Vision is not the same, avenger SS not the same...

The only disc like a sidewinder is another sidewinder.

Comment

A Roadrunner is like a Sidewinder, only better. One of my longest shots is the hyzer flip Roadrunner....

Besides, which is faster: bird or snake?
                            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I've only thrown a roadrunner a few times but it didn't seem quite the same. For some reason the sidewinder just works perfectly for me. At this point I have no reason to switch so I guess what I am saying is if the sidewinder works for you just get another one. Why fix something that's not broken?
                              Last edited by wilt; August 2nd, 2010, 03:36 PM. Reason: grammer & spelling

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X