Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanna learn how to throw with variable wind conditions?

Come to Crystal. You'll likely find a little bit of everything, all in one round. At least today we did. Never really stopped the entire day.

I find a Gator helpful but they don't go very far.

Comment

Dee, I can't wait to make it up to Crystal for some mountain golf! Any chance of the lift running on a weekday? Not sure I'm ready for the hike to the top like my friends did last week...

I really like the Gator as well, but when you want it to go a bit further, throw a Whippet; and when you want your Whippet to go further, throw a CFR Max. All 3 great headwinds discs.
      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Can't go wrong with a good firebird or excalibur.

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
          Are you suggesting that the Star Destroyer is not a good headwind disc for lefties throwing backhand? Why, direction of the earth's rotation or something ?
          Exactly !

If you do the calculations using advanced quantum physics it works out that the Wraith is the better disc for left handed backhand throwers, like myself, into a headwind.

Destroyer does make a perfectly good lefthand forehand disc though, the space time vortex permits that.

I do prefer a heavy Xcal for forehand upwind drives.
          I know its not going far, but at least its gonna go in the right direction.

For crosswinds, I still feel that if you have a choice, throw a shot where the wind is pushing the disc from behind as its fading for maximum distance.

In other words, for a righthand backhand thrower, a right to left wind will be more helpful than a left to right wind is, a LH player would throw a forehand shot here, so the disc finishes going right.

Comment

I'm sure you meant to note that this was, of course, for the Northern Hemisphere.
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X