Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chef
    started a topic Mid Range Floater???

Mid Range Floater???

Is there such thing as a mid range floater?

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    And that we're able to control where they go?
    True dat.

Fact is, the two times I've lost a disc on hole 11, the disc went almost exactly where I wanted. Both times took a freakish bounce off a tree and into the drink.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott View Post
    Good advice, but doesn't that sort of assume that everyone has multiple shots in their arsenal?
    And that we're able to control where they go?

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
    Discs that float in water are only a side benefit used for marketing strategies. If you don't want to lose a disc to water, don't throw in the water...

4.) Throw the shot for the hole, if water is on the right, throw a naturally left fading shot and vice versa.

Good advice, but doesn't that sort of assume that everyone has multiple shots in their arsenal?

Leave a comment:

• RonTheWhip
    replied
    Discs that float in water are only a side benefit used for marketing strategies. If you don't want to lose a disc to water, don't throw in the water...

1.) Choose to lay up, do not be overly agressive.

2.) Take the path of least resistance (look for the shortest distance over the water.

3.) throw hyzers with lots of extra speed and power (that way there is a minimal chance of skipping to the far side, anhyzers don't skip, they dive)

4.) Throw the shot for the hole, if water is on the right, throw a naturally left fading shot and vice versa.

Leave a comment:

• zippyboy
    replied
    We have made an art form out of getting back floating discs. Hydra will work, but it is a bit clunky. However, you shouldn't be needing floating approach discs or putters - you should be able to control your midranges enough that water shouldn't be an issue...

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    Last time I was at Dabney, a friend hit a tree with his Lightning #2 Driver (a floater) and it dropped straight into the middle of the pond. We finished our round and checked back later, and the current and/or breeze had pushed it close enough to the edge that we could reach it with a stick. A non-floating disc would have been long gone.

Leave a comment:

• Chef
    replied
    Micah:

You know, I would have to agree but that would cut out like half of trojan and to be honest, I love that course.

Leave a comment:

• Micah
    replied
    don't throw in the water, a disc that floats in the middle of the pond that you can see but can't get to will piss you off more than one at the bottom of the lake.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    Dragon's not a mid-range by any stretch though.

Leave a comment:

• overstable, underthrown
    replied
    Innova Dragon. The Hydra works good, too. I thought Odyssey by Gateway made several floating discs. Check out http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/. They have a big selection of floating discs. Apparently, a 150g PIG floats, too!
    Last edited by overstable, underthrown; November 3rd, 2008, 02:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rob smith
    replied
    dx coyote, dont care if they float their cheap and a great disc

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluedisc View Post
    True dat.

However....in the interest of being thorough, you only mentioned some rather stable midrange discs. The following "midrange/multi-purpose" discs are about the same stability (or even less) than that of the honorable blowfly:

Discraft Breeze
    Discraft Glide
    Innova Stingray

I'll bet there are a few more out there that other's could add to that list...
    But do they float?

Leave a comment:

• Bluedisc
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    I know, but since the question was about mid-ranges, I thought it should be pointed out that if you crank a Gumbputt, it's going to flip more easily than a Roc or even a Buzzz.
    True dat.

However....in the interest of being thorough, you only mentioned some rather stable midrange discs. The following "midrange/multi-purpose" discs are about the same stability (or even less) than that of the honorable blowfly:

Discraft Breeze
    Discraft Glide
    Innova Stingray

I'll bet there are a few more out there that other's could add to that list...

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluedisc View Post

Both the Blunt Gumputt and Blowfly (DGA) float and are actually quite stable in terms of putters.
    I know, but since the question was about mid-ranges, I thought it should be pointed out that if you crank a Gumbputt, it's going to flip more easily than a Roc or even a Buzzz.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X