X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid Range Floater???

Is there such thing as a mid range floater?

the hydra by innova, kinda like a spider
    "Putt" is a four letter word

Comment

The Blunt Gumbputt (DGA) and Rubber Putter (Lightning) float and can be used as midranges -- they're both a bit on the understable side.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

what?!

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        The Blunt Gumbputt (DGA) and Rubber Putter (Lightning) float and can be used as midranges -- they're both a bit on the understable side.

Both the Blunt Gumputt and Blowfly (DGA) float and are actually quite stable in terms of putters.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedisc View Post

Both the Blunt Gumputt and Blowfly (DGA) float and are actually quite stable in terms of putters.
          I know, but since the question was about mid-ranges, I thought it should be pointed out that if you crank a Gumbputt, it's going to flip more easily than a Roc or even a Buzzz.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
            I know, but since the question was about mid-ranges, I thought it should be pointed out that if you crank a Gumbputt, it's going to flip more easily than a Roc or even a Buzzz.
            True dat.

However....in the interest of being thorough, you only mentioned some rather stable midrange discs. The following "midrange/multi-purpose" discs are about the same stability (or even less) than that of the honorable blowfly:

Discraft Breeze
            Discraft Glide
            Innova Stingray

I'll bet there are a few more out there that other's could add to that list...

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedisc View Post
              True dat.

However....in the interest of being thorough, you only mentioned some rather stable midrange discs. The following "midrange/multi-purpose" discs are about the same stability (or even less) than that of the honorable blowfly:

Discraft Breeze
              Discraft Glide
              Innova Stingray

I'll bet there are a few more out there that other's could add to that list...
              But do they float?

Comment

dx coyote, dont care if they float their cheap and a great disc

Comment

Innova Dragon. The Hydra works good, too. I thought Odyssey by Gateway made several floating discs. Check out http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/. They have a big selection of floating discs. Apparently, a 150g PIG floats, too!
                  Last edited by overstable, underthrown; November 3rd, 2008, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Dragon's not a mid-range by any stretch though.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

don't throw in the water, a disc that floats in the middle of the pond that you can see but can't get to will piss you off more than one at the bottom of the lake.

Comment

Micah:

You know, I would have to agree but that would cut out like half of trojan and to be honest, I love that course.

Comment

Last time I was at Dabney, a friend hit a tree with his Lightning #2 Driver (a floater) and it dropped straight into the middle of the pond. We finished our round and checked back later, and the current and/or breeze had pushed it close enough to the edge that we could reach it with a stick. A non-floating disc would have been long gone.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

We have made an art form out of getting back floating discs. Hydra will work, but it is a bit clunky. However, you shouldn't be needing floating approach discs or putters - you should be able to control your midranges enough that water shouldn't be an issue...
                            TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Discs that float in water are only a side benefit used for marketing strategies. If you don't want to lose a disc to water, don't throw in the water...

1.) Choose to lay up, do not be overly agressive.

2.) Take the path of least resistance (look for the shortest distance over the water.

3.) throw hyzers with lots of extra speed and power (that way there is a minimal chance of skipping to the far side, anhyzers don't skip, they dive)

4.) Throw the shot for the hole, if water is on the right, throw a naturally left fading shot and vice versa.
                              Team DISCRAFT
                              NW Sign Up
                              Gorilla Boy
                              Paragon Disc Golf
                              Odwalla

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X