X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gateway Ninja

The Ninja is a very high speed max distance driver with lots of glide and is one of the longest flying discs ever made. It is a long winged slightly under stable driver at high speeds with a smooth continuous dome and relatively low profile. Needless to say it's extremely fast and has lots of glide and carry! The wing of the Ninja is .004 of an inch too wide for PDGA technical standards and is therefore NOT approved for PDGA sanctioned tournaments.

I'm not sure who would purchase this non-approved disc? Odd decision by Gateway IMO.

People who don't play tournaments don't care if a disc is legal or not.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Yeah there is a big market in golf for drivers that don't meet USGA standards and a lot of people buy them so they can hit the ball farther, even if it can't be used for a tournament.

Comment

.004" doesn't sound like much, but it's enough to burn the valves out of an air cooled VW.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

In the PDGA minutes, there was something about repercussions for manufacturers that chose to intentionally make non-legal discs. I forget exactly what the language was and I'm too busy to look it up again, but I thought it was a pretty silly discussion to be having. Just because the PDGA dictates what can be used in competition doesn't mean they should dictate what gets manufactured. If someone wants to throw a round using yogurt lids, let them do their own thing, I say.
          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Hear hear.

I guess it comes with the territory for most 800 pound gorillas.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              In the PDGA minutes, there was something about repercussions for manufacturers that chose to intentionally make non-legal discs. I forget exactly what the language was and I'm too busy to look it up again, but I thought it was a pretty silly discussion to be having. Just because the PDGA dictates what can be used in competition doesn't mean they should dictate what gets manufactured. If someone wants to throw a round using yogurt lids, let them do their own thing, I say.
              Are thoes Over or under stable?
              Throw What You Know.
              "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
              PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                They are pretty over stable until you hit a tree or two. Then they are flipper than a beat DX Coyote.

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                  The Dannon are really understable, kinda like a Dx Leopard, you needs lots of hyzer to get any distance. Leave any globs of goo that might be stuck on it, they seem to help with the glide.

The Yoplaits are more stable, kinda Teebird' ish, they make really nice flyers. Look for these in a premium foil, they are hard to find , but will become an instant favorite.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Why not just make it .004 thinner. Idiots.
                    My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

After trying to figure this disc out, I'm sure I'll hit enough trees to trim down the .004 needed!
                      ccovington4169@aol.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                        .004" doesn't sound like much, but it's enough to burn the valves out of an air cooled VW.
                        Or seize up the crankshaft of a Cosworth 4cyl.
                        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

dye job on top and knowone knows what it is anymore. i couldn't pick out most discs, could you?
                          ________
                          Corvette cerv
                          Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 02:05 PM.

Comment

This guy would use a corked bat.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
                              The Dannon are really understable, kinda like a Dx Leopard, you needs lots of hyzer to get any distance. Leave any globs of goo that might be stuck on it, they seem to help with the glide.

The Yoplaits are more stable, kinda Teebird' ish, they make really nice flyers. Look for these in a premium foil, they are hard to find , but will become an instant favorite.

Hope this helps.
                              Um you don't want to know what the repurcussions to throwing a Yoplait or a Dannon.
                              Relax and enjoy your hair
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X