Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z Drone is my go to for stable mid range forehands. The ESP Meteor for strait to turning mid shots. One of the prettiest shots in the game is a slow turning forehand with the meteor, it glides sooo smooth and can travel incredible far on the right to left path. But mostly a Z Drone, since it is so torque resistant.
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

Comment

I have been using an elite z wasp since i got in 2003....it was very flat. I have had pretty good success with it until recently it has not come back as fast as i wanted it to so now i use it for a slight turnover sidearm and went to the elite z drone i got from scott papa. Like 'The Whip' said.........it is torque resistant for that nice, smooth 's' sidearm shot that will come back.
      WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

I'm a predominately RHFH player, and I use a champ gator and a champ shark, depending on the shot. The shark will turn and then flatten out, but never really fades hard. The gator is a different animal, and when thrown hard will fly flat and fade hard, like a shorter distance whippet. I use the shark when finesse is needed, and the gator when there isn't.
        Last edited by prospect; July 1st, 2010, 07:43 PM. Reason: huh?
        PDGA #42116

Comment

Originally posted by prospect View Post
          ... The shark... and... The gator is a different animal...
          yep they are... at least thats what wikipedia says... for now.
          Throw What You Know.
          "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
          PDGA# 45989

Comment

I as well prefer the Zone. Because of its stability it allows you to make less mistakes.

Comment

gator gator gator

Comment

80 mold
                "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Champ Gator has always done well for me due to its over stability
                  "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                  -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Element or gator, maybe a spider or roc too.
                    Boys! Boys! Nobody owns Cory and Trevor. -Bubbles

Comment

That depends on what you want it to do.

My advice is learn to thrown your putter on anny lines and get yourself a Gator or Element for stable upshots... but both Sexton and I take most of our RHFH upshots with drivers... firebird and orc for Nate and Firebird and Banshee for me.

Comment

I have been using a beast, but it doesn't fly well (for me) at slower speeds, so I thought I would try a true mid-range disc. I traded for a Shark, so I'll post how it works when I get it. Thanks everyone for all of your input!!!
                        Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

ESP Zone or champion spider

Comment

Originally posted by Hayduke View Post
                            gator gator gator
                            The gator is the shit.
                            No doubt about it.
                            Disc golf by day, Joe rogan podcast by night! All day!

Comment

If your looking to go 225-275 and don't want push your putter, go with the ZONE. It owns the Gator, the 80, and the spider. I find with the Wasp, Buzz, Drone, and Roc I can over shoot my mark as they all can get on their horses and ride out well past 300.

Yes sir, for limited predictable mid-range upshots Fore or Back hand its gotta be the ZONE. Anyone who say otherwise obviously either hasn't thrown one yet or is wrong (and I know this because the alternative is me being wrong...........)
                              sigpic

Comment

Starfire, firebird, banshee, gator...

My go to disc is the Gator for under 250'.
                                Nice and overstable so my wrist action hardly ever turns it over.
                                It is either a laser beam with late fade or just a smooth hyzer.
                                I also throw the Whippet-x and Banshee for the same reason.
                                Keep in mind, I use more of a double play sidearm throw with a lot of wrist flick.
                                (like a 2nd baseman would use)

I only throw RHFH for accuracy or if the hole plays better with a left to right hyzer.
                                Last edited by jshrack; July 23rd, 2010, 11:24 PM. Reason: midrange...
                                When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X