X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best mid-range for RHFH

What's your opinion? Please tell me why too.
    Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

And while we're at it, which discs are good for LHFH?
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

The ESP Zone. Its considered a putter but I throw it like its a mid range. Its great for sidearms up to 250'ish. Its overstable and can be thrown really straight and finish, with hyzer and hold the hyzer or anhyzer and flatten out. It always seems to end up where I meant to throw it, so I love it.
      A par is not a bogey.

Comment

If I need a 'mid' for sidearm it's generally a whippet x. Great overstable finish with a new one, and I have an older that will hold an anhyzer line fairly well.

Comment

The Mako is a great midrange with a flight path much like that of a catching disc - very true to the flight path you put it on. (Of course, there is no better forehand disc that the 80 mold.)
          "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

as a RHFH player solely, If I have a good but short backhand shot I go with my Crystal Buzz. for forehands it depends on the shot. I can put my KC Pro Eagle close on many shots that fade left. I have an old beat up Champ Beast I can forhand good for right turning shots or high hyzer shots.
            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
              And while we're at it, which discs are good for LHFH?
              Well, if it's got a Huk Lab stamp, it will want to only spin one way.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Champ Gator, Z or FLX Drone, Z Wasp, E or S Demon, E Blaze, Q Sentinel.

Those are all overstable, because generally if I'm throwing a mid forehand then that's the type of flight I'm look for.

Out of the choices I gave, just pick the one that feels the best in your hand and comes off your fingers the nicest.
                We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                  Well, if it's got a Huk Lab stamp, it will want to only spin one way.
                  Exactly. This is why my TriFly sticker is on the right side window, otherwise my truck would just go around in circles.

For RHFH I cant offer any help, I only throw left handed.

I do however throw an upshot forehand on occasion.
                  I use a light Eagle X.
                  Best technique I have learned is the "peace sign" grip, which makes it easier to throw a straight line forehand shot with reduced power.

Comment

Just started throwing a star whippet x as a mid range , seems to work well.
                    Champ gator is also a good one , champ shark ?

Comment

150 DX Wolf
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Moedawg View Post
                        Champ gator is also a good one , champ shark ?
                        Anyone have an opinion on the shark? I was leaning towards getting one to try.
                        Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

Any time you have a question that contains the word "best" and the word "mid-range" there really is only one answer: Roc.

I can only attest to this disc working for right-handed people. It doesn't work as well for me when I throw it with my left hand.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            Any time you have a question that contains the word "best" and the word "mid-range" there really is only one answer: Roc.

I can only attest to this disc working for right-handed people. It doesn't work as well for me when I throw it with my left hand.
                            Isn't the Roc pretty overstable?

Comment

The Roc is slightly overstable for a couple rounds, and then its just laser beam stable for months.
                              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X