Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and speaking of Preds, the X Pred, rest it's soul, sweet...
    educate your thinking

Comment

How light to Nukes get and what plastics are they available in?
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
        How light to Nukes get and what plastics are they available in?
        They make Nukes in ESP that go down to the upper 160s. The release of the Z Nuke is tomorrow, with weights only ranging from 170-174.

Comment

I wish someone, anyone, would make their fast discs in D plastic at light weights.

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
            I used to throw the CryZtal and Z Buzzzes, but now it's Pro D all the way...
            What would the point of Pro D be over, say a Z buzzz?
            Just starting out, and i have a cool dyed Z buzzz

Comment

Originally posted by Juice240 View Post
              What would the point of Pro D be over, say a Z buzzz?
              Just starting out, and i have a cool dyed Z buzzz
              I don't throw them but I imagine they are a bit more grippy. They would also beat in faster if you are looking for that. You would have to ask a Discraft guy about flight differences off the shelve.
              Current World Rank: 2857th
              Lowest Rated Round: 777
              Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
              Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
              Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
              Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
              Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
              Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Originally posted by Juice240 View Post
                What would the point of Pro D be over, say a Z buzzz
                If you like the feel of a Buzzz in your hand, then it will allow you to cover more shots with discs that are familiar to you (all one mold).

A Pro D Buzzz will be grippier, a little less stable, and will beat in to be significantly less stable than your Z Buzzz.

This will save you from learning a completely new disc, such as a Meteor or Glide, for these turning midrange shots.
                We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                  If you like the feel of a Buzzz in your hand, then it will allow you to cover more shots with discs that are familiar to you (all one mold).

A Pro D Buzzz will be grippier, a little less stable, and will beat in to be significantly less stable than your Z Buzzz.

This will save you from learning a completely new disc, such as a Meteor or Glide, for these turning midrange shots.
                  I agree with everything Parks says....except I much prefer to learn another disc over "tuning" a disc through wear to throw the way you want it to. I appreciate the consistency of a disc like the Meteor over it's entire life (haven't been able to wear one out yet) instead of having one too many kicks with a D Buzzz and then needing to break another one in. This is why so many have flocked to the Buzzz....they don't have to wait for a new Roc to start flying the way a Buzzz does off the rack. And the bonus is when it is in the Z, ESP or FLX plastice it stays flying that way after the tree hits. Neato!

Later,
                  Scott Papa
                  Team Discraft
                  Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

I want the faster discs to be made in D or DX because I'm a noodle arm, and the light D is my best hope to get a fast disc that even I can throw long (long, for me anyway). I don't want to get a new disc and have it be too overstable for me, and know it's going to be that way for the life of the disc.

Is a beat up DX Valk still the long throw record holder (820 feet with a 164g DX Valkyrie)? Why would that be?

Comment

Originally posted by papatart View Post
                      I agree with everything Parks says....except I much prefer to learn another disc over "tuning" a disc through wear to throw the way you want it to. I appreciate the consistency of a disc like the Meteor over it's entire life (haven't been able to wear one out yet) instead of having one too many kicks with a D Buzzz and then needing to break another one in. This is why so many have flocked to the Buzzz....they don't have to wait for a new Roc to start flying the way a Buzzz does off the rack. And the bonus is when it is in the Z, ESP or FLX plastice it stays flying that way after the tree hits. Neato!

Later,
                      Scott Papa
                      I can't disagree with that, but the other side of the coin is that it takes very little time to break in a DX Roc to fly straight and just about forever to wear one past the point of being useful, unlike a D Buzzz. The flight plate will probably crack first.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X