X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

" So far it seems to me to be more over stable than my other bosses."

If I remember correctly, your disc is 167gm, which means it falls in to the "star lite" category, and is actually more over stable than the heavier Bosses. At least that's what Innova has said. I think the cut off is 169gm for these.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Steel View Post
      " So far it seems to me to be more over stable than my other bosses."

If I remember correctly, your disc is 167gm, which means it falls in to the "star lite" category, and is actually more over stable than the heavier Bosses. At least that's what Innova has said. I think the cut off is 169gm for these.
      Back the train up for a second. SO Innova discs in the star plastic are more stable in the lighter weights?
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
        Back the train up for a second. SO Innova discs in the star plastic are more stable in the lighter weights?
        the plastic they are using in the Star Light discs is a slightly different plastic than the regular star.
        Team HOSER:dancing:
        Team OLY:cheerleader:
        Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of having lighter discs?

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
            I have a disc dyed with the "boner" logo. HA!!
            and it should say sillybizz faded out in the background.

Comment

THAT'S IT!!! Where's the Moderhater!? I want him banned for life!!!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
                On a side note I have a disc dyed with the "boner" logo. HA!!
                Someone has the registered trade mark?
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                  the plastic they are using in the Star Light discs is a slightly different plastic than the regular star.
                  And as far as I know, it is only the Boss that shows this effect. And yes, people that normally want to buy the lightest disc of an overstable mold are usually disappointed.

Comment

The Boss, Destroyer, and Orc, have now been run with the new stabilizing process.
                    This only affects the lightest weights in the class.
                    Boss's 165-169 grams, and same for the new Destroyers, only in Star plastic, are much more stable than thier heavier brothers.
                    These are fantastic discs, being lighter, they go farther, but they will take all the arm you can put into them, and they dont flip.

Some people looking to replace lighter first run Star Destroyers will think they got grandmas arm when they get one of these new discs.

I have a 165 gram Star Destroyer I got from Lowell. He thought it was gonna be a good flyer for him being on the lighter side, but it was a brick for him, so he sold it to me. Its more stable than my 175 gram Eco Star Destroyer, my max weight Feldberg Boss, my max weight Xcal, and my 172 Star Teerex.

They beat in sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                      Someone has the registered trade mark?
                      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                        boner died.....
                        PDGA # 52916
                        CRDGC
                        TCDGC
                        FWWDGC
                        PDGC

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Fingers View Post
                          boner died.....
                          whiskey? that usually does the trick.

Comment

I have a black champ that coyote that feels alot like my yellow star coyote. I would say that the color has a lot to do with the feel of the plastic then we think. (that or it was misstamped)
                            Throw What You Know.
                            "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                            PDGA# 45989

Comment

Well, in my cheap plastic Rattler collection, I had all the same weights. The yellow and orange ones had a rubbery grippy feel, while the blue ones were very waxy and slippery feeling. I eventually put all the blue ones in the loaner box, as I wanted to have them all the same for my practice. When doing putting practice sessions, I noticed that when I made most of the oranges and yellows, I missed most of the blues, and vice versa. It had to be the grip. The blue ones slipped out and the others didn't. I preferred the grippy ones, so I shit-canned the blue ones.
                              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Color will effect grip for sure. That's why for my Focus's, I try to get them in the black Pro-D. They are grippy while still remaining stiff for push putts. But compared to my red Focus, they fly the exact same even though they are different colors.

As for my little experiment I pulled off this weekend, I found no discernible flight difference between all my clone discs that are the different colors. The only difference I did realize was I have forgotten how to throw my Flick appropriately.
                                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X