X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bullseye View Post
    as you both childishly stumble toward the threshold, i'd like to point out we don't look kindly on personal attacks here. Consider this your warning warning.
    boner boner boner boner boner boner

NOW who looks childish?
    Last edited by Matt B.; May 20th, 2010, 03:15 PM.

Comment

I don't know I just couldn't get offended by someone calling me a boner; it just makes me laugh.
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by XandorF View Post
        you stupid boner.
        Hey, if it wasn't for boners, none of us would be here today.
        The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
          Hey, if it wasn't for boners, none of us would be here today.
          And people having unprotected relations. I thank my parents for that every single anniversary .
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
            And people having unprotected relations
            Relations?! Do you live in amish country or something?

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Colors do effect the stability of the disc because of the rate of cooling and how much dome or flatness occurs because of such.. The farther you throw the more apparent this becomes.. thread drift is so entertaining.}
              Relax and enjoy your hair
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Stepping in with a third on the color indicating differences in the flight of discs (both innova and at least old discraft X plastic). I'm not sure anyone can say with certainty that it is in fact the color that causes the difference or that the manufacturers tend to run batches of the same color/stamp at the same time and are affected by the same conditions during molding.

If the color/rate of cooling was the reason, wouldn't you expect close (but not identical) colors to fly near the same? - I don't find this to always be the case IME
                'Weekend 4 Women':
                Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I'm normally a dedicated skeptic of bogeymen, but I think that the color-flight relationship may have merit, and for precisely the reason Yoduh pointed out, and possibly more. Differently-colored pellets that are used to add hues to the plastic are not made from the same chemicals and will behave differently in the blend. I think the most likely result of this is varying cooling rates, but I wouldn't be surprised if some led to a more porous/denser product, a softer/stiffer product, etc.

I did some studying of the molecular makeup of different dyes, and you wouldn't believe the variances in structure, functional groups, and reactivities. I am sure that the chemicals used to dye plastic during injection are similar in their differences, leading to unpredictable results.

edit: One of these days the manufacturers will be able to afford to build a damn climate controlled 'clean room' for manufacturing, in order to minimize as many environmental variables as possible. Right after Dunipace finishes paying off his yacht, I suppose.
                  Last edited by ChUcK; May 20th, 2010, 08:28 PM. Reason: Why the eff not? I am a boner, after all.
                  The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Honestly.......who can really throw the same disc exactly the same exact way every time?

You are a liar if you answered yes. It does not matter if your disc is discraft or innova or any other kind...........every disc will eventually conform to the thrower.

Does my new jk pro aviar-x putter fly like my old one.....no. Even though my new is a proto bar stamp jk aviar and my old is a 3x jk aviar i will have my new putter flying just like my old one did in time. Its called breaking your discs in.........very rare to have a disc fly exactly the way you want right off the shelve.

Just my two cents........please dont bash me.........i play masters now!
                    WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
                      Honestly.......who can really throw the same disc exactly the same exact way every time?

You are a liar if you answered yes. It does not matter if your disc is discraft or innova or any other kind...........every disc will eventually conform to the thrower.

Does my new jk pro aviar-x putter fly like my old one.....no. Even though my new is a proto bar stamp jk aviar and my old is a 3x jk aviar i will have my new putter flying just like my old one did in time. Its called breaking your discs in.........very rare to have a disc fly exactly the way you want right off the shelve.

Just my two cents........please dont bash me.........i play masters now!
                      Very wise
                      It will no doubt confuse the boners
                      Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                      Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                        You really are the Moderhater! Sorry, sorry don't banish me oh great one!
                        Jeez things are lax in the disc golf world. In other bigger forums I use any kind of disrespect to the moderators is not only intolerable but rarely even seen in public because it is deleted before it gets seen.

It seems totalitarian but when these places get lively enough it becomes clear there needs to be some kind of rule. A tactful but untouchable moderator goes along way in that direction.

Comment

Not to sway this thread to a different direction or anything but I think we have a good moderator team that is more than fair and direct.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

The drive to push buttons and be the resident dick is some aspiration. Will the real boners please stand up?

Interesting that today's chemical industry, as recently as the first half of the last century, was called, the "dyestuffs industry."
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryon_Harris View Post
                              Jeez things are lax in the disc golf world.
                              And bless us all for that.
                              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I didn't think about the color dye in effect to the plastic..I was showing my new star boss to Bjorn and Tuffi last night(Ming too) They seem fasinated as to how soft the disc is. So far it seems to me to be more over stable than my other bosses. I'm gona goto white river after work and try some comparison flights!! Yup any reason to throw!!
                                On a side note I have a disc dyed with the "boner" logo. HA!!
                                Hukin since 1992
                                DGOD #115

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X