X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
    I'll google "get a life" if you work on your social skills.

So anyways, back to the topic at hand. Star plastic. What would be worse, if Innova named a whole new line of plastic for each blend they try, or if they continue to make special blends and pass them off as regular production to the mostly unsuspecting Innova fanboy?
    just because i CHOOSE to be a confrontational dick, doesn't mean i don't have social skills. blah blah blah lets get back on topic guys! comeon! star plastic feels so nice in my hand. i want someone to make a star plastic blow up doll that i can take home and make sweet sweet love to.

Comment

and while i agree that a ton of Innova's "Driver's" ie the High Speed types vary stabilty wise from run 2 run hell even in the same run..... i have 10X KC stuff that is clearish that look like new Champion stuff and then i have opaque 10X's that look like dx?

The Roc is VERY VERY consistent in flight.
      "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
        the Buzz is a KNOCKOFF of a Roc
        You could not be any more wrong about this statement unless you really tried.

The Buzzz, is in no way, shape or form, a knockoff of a Roc. That would be a Wasp. And of course, I don't have to go on a crazy hunt for a Z Wasp like you do for Champion Rocs.

Back to plastics, Star and ESP are practically the same plastic. Hell we even broke them down once with MEK to test the solvent properties of the plastic itself. The Star and ESP broke down at the same rate. Go figure. The only difference is variances in said mold.
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
          a classic roc is like an XD much more like an approach type disc

ont,rancho, are driver like with rancho more stable out of the box than the ont
          Thank you for making my point.
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
            And of course, I don't have to go on a crazy hunt for a Z Wasp like you do for Champion Rocs.

neither do i
            "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XandorF View Post
              i want someone to make a star plastic blow up doll that i can take home and make sweet sweet love to.
              Well don't get upset when you absorb enough estrogen mimicking molecules to make you go get a sex change the very next day. Wouldn't that be an ironic twist?

Wouldn't it be cool if Innova just made all their discs with no names or stamps, and we had to mark them up for how we judged them? Their stamps only give me a starting place for that process. That said, they still make the driver molds in the plastics that I can glide farthest. I'm not at all sure why that is.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Will there come a time when the PDGA will need to tighten up their tech specs even more? For instance, controlling what polymers can be used to produce golf discs? Few frontiers are left for manufacturers, so I foresee a lot of crazt plastic blend experimentation coming.

just because i CHOOSE to be a confrontational dick, doesn't mean i don't have social skills
                Ahhh, a willful neglect of social skills. Even better than honest ignorance!
                The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

I too would like to see more availability of the more exotic blended plastics. Like my gummy champion roc or super hard and clear(ice)champion orc. Even better would be a pearl gummy champion cobra- I got mine from Ralph W. 10 years ago. Its the shiznit but realy hard to find :-(
                  I have been checking e-slay and came across a blended champ/star japan open katana. I gave up after 80$. Being rare is one thing but 80$ for a disc that probibly will never be thrown is crapppp(rant sorry). I'd love to see a blended champ/star disc or even elite z/esp/flx. Unfortunately I think not..Bummer.
                  I shoulda studied plastic polymers while in school instead of mechanical engineering. Funny that most (core)disc golfers understand more about plastic than anybody.Whodathunkit?
                  Hukin since 1992
                  DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                    In my experience the amount of innova discs that vary enough to make a difference in my throw is grossly exagerrated. I have never had a hard time replacing a disc in my bag with another that flies the same. I try not to fall in love with hard to find runs and I also try to rotate in backup discs of the same mold so that if I need to pull one off the bench it will be broken in and fly just the same.
                    ... well said... i very much agree with this sentiment... i definitely have preferences for a particular disc and can be heart broken when i have to replace a dear friend that's been in my bag for a while, but have mostly noticed that it simply takes a while for the disc to get worked in to just where i want it...

... one thing no one else has mentioned (y'all's so caught up in fancy schmancy polymers and such) is the color of the plastic... i find that to be the most noticeable variable for me... my lighter colored (pink, yellow, white, baby blue) 150 star valks fly just right for me... but a dark blue or red one... no thank you! is this real or just psychosomatic 'cause i don't like the color red and think dark blue is hard to find?

peace,
                    em
                    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post

Ahhh, a willful neglect of social skills. Even better than honest ignorance!
                      wow, do i really have to spell it out for you. "...doesn't mean i dont have social skills."

im not neglecting my social skills, im using them to push your buttons. which would imply that i do, infact, have social skills.

you stupid boner.

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                        ... well said... i very much agree with this sentiment... i definitely have preferences for a particular disc and can be heart broken when i have to replace a dear friend that's been in my bag for a while, but have mostly noticed that it simply takes a while for the disc to get worked in to just where i want it...

... one thing no one else has mentioned (y'all's so caught up in fancy schmancy polymers and such) is the color of the plastic... i find that to be the most noticeable variable for me... my lighter colored (pink, yellow, white, baby blue) 150 star valks fly just right for me... but a dark blue or red one... no thank you! is this real or just psychosomatic 'cause i don't like the color red and think dark blue is hard to find?

peace,
                        em
                        Funny you mention the color of the plastic. I know a few golfers that think along the same way. Me personaly I like the off red/orange the best. It "seems to me" to be the most gripy like my marbled star max kinda reddish/orangeish. Oddly enough my best distance drive is with a white star destroyer. My longest and coolest ace is with a white Polaris LS. My first ace is with a white dx washington series roc. My best midrange is a white star mako. odd eh?
                        Hukin since 1992
                        DGOD #115

Comment

Ahh, color choice effecting the stability of a disc. I've heard of such a thing. I think it was Parks that was saying something last year bout somebody who only bombed the baby blue Gateway Illusions because they were a tad bit more stable then the rest of them.

I know that many people are anal about the color of the disc but I've always just assumed it's because OCD sucks and they have to have it that way.

I've never actually noticed a difference between any color of a mold and a difference in flight between the different color variations.

That makes for an interesting experiment and one that I will start working on as soon as I get home. I just buy my discs in the same weights and hopefully the same run of the mold so I know for a fact that they are what I fell in love with.

As for the losing a disc and having a new one be the same right away, that'd be great (and a pipe dream). I fall in love with a disc when they are new. That way I know what to expect when I go to grab the new replacement. Did lose my 1st run Force a couple weeks back and I miss it. Even wrote an ode to it.
                          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                          Cleveland Brown

Comment

wow, do i really have to spell it out for you. "...doesn't mean i dont have social skills."

im not neglecting my social skills, im using them to push your buttons. which would imply that i do, infact, have social skills.

you stupid boner.
                            As you both childishly stumble toward the threshold, I'd like to point out we don't look kindly on personal attacks here. Consider this your warning warning.
                            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

You really are the Moderhater! Sorry, sorry don't banish me oh great one!
                              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                                You really are the Moderhater! Sorry, sorry don't banish me oh great one!
                                Yes, but I did think a pre-warning warning was kind of... tolerant of me... doncha think.
                                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X