X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XandorF View Post
    we should throw some disc sometime and you can convince me off innova. until then, ill just keep throwing what the top pros use.(period)

x
    Least favorite post of the year. You hurt my brain with your logic.
    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

I have found that some of my innova discs are occasionally inconsistent. I have also found some disccraft putters to be inconsistent. I have never found any discraft drivers to be inconsistent because I have never liked throwing any of them enough to buy a second of the same mold.

In my experience the amount of innova discs that vary enough to make a difference in my throw is grossly exagerrated. I have never had a hard time replacing a disc in my bag with another that flies the same. I try not to fall in love with hard to find runs and I also try to rotate in backup discs of the same mold so that if I need to pull one off the bench it will be broken in and fly just the same.

If you lose your perfectly broken in Surge ESP is a new one going to fly just like the one you lost?
      Read this ^

Comment

The new star is the star used to make the mako and the dart. It is a bit softer and grippier. I would hope that they dont start using it in all the discs and dont know why they would use it in bosses. If you want a stiffer more consistant star disc get one in echo star. echo star is the shnit.
        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA
          I find all my Innova, Discraft, Gateway, Chings, and Lightning discs completely inconsistant from one mold to the next.

That is why I sold all that crap and now throw nothing but Aerobie. It's the future!

That disc has a hole in it.

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
            The new star is the star used to make the mako and the dart. It is a bit softer and grippier. I would hope that they dont start using it in all the discs and dont know why they would use it in bosses. If you want a stiffer more consistant star disc get one in echo star. echo star is the shnit.
            I thought that my new boss felt like my mako!! Lately I've been getting Japan open champion discs. I like the lighter weight. Don't get me wrong my 167 star boss is the boss but I'm realy liking the lighter champion plastic. So far my best shots and aces have been with champion plastic. Most of my champ discs are signature discs i.e. climo. I don't see this with star plastic yet. Not that I kow a thing about that.
            Hukin since 1992
            DGOD #115

Comment

I like my fairway drivers(leopard, teebird, firebird, orc?) in champ but my distance drivers(wraith, destroyer, boss, excal) in star. not sure why but I find that the distance drivers are more consistant in star. I might just know what I am looking for to keep my innova discs consistant.
              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                Least favorite post of the year. You hurt my brain with your logic.
                ok sorry. i don't get most peoples logic either. i just wont post anymore, it just seems that everyone's picking apart what i say. oh wait this is the internet. haha. when it comes down to it, i don't need to explain myself or my choice of disc. im actually kind of bummed, you guys are all boners. i am an American. i have the right to an idea an opinion! *cue inspirational music*.

i was just trying to bring a different opinion and angle to the conversation. my bad.

... but seriously. you are a boner.

Comment

It's alright man, we were just giving you a hard time and expressing OUR opinion on the matter. And yes I am a boner.
                  Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Without COMPLETE and TOTAL consistency in your throw, you can't expect the same from your discs, regardless of brand. I believe it does require actually throwing the disc to know how it will fly, not just assuming that it will fly the same as the Buzzz or Roc that you bought 5 years ago, or 5 minutes ago.
                    PDGA #42116

Comment

Originally posted by prospect View Post
                      Without COMPLETE and TOTAL consistency in your throw, you can't expect the same from your discs, regardless of brand. I believe it does require actually throwing the disc to know how it will fly, not just assuming that it will fly the same as the Buzzz or Roc that you bought 5 years ago, or 5 minutes ago.
                      This brings up a good point. I am going to twist it a bit. I know that I have had a disc and bought another one that I hoped was the same. The first one that I liked was thrown with an open mind and I let the disc tell me how it should be thrown. I tried the second one with an expectation of how I should throw it compared to the first one. It wasnt exactly the same so I didnt like it and put it in the box only to take it out later and find that it was actually pretty close to the flight of the first one. So how different are the flights of discs really? I am sure we make them out to be much worse than they really are.
                      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

ok sorry. i don't get most peoples logic either. i just wont post anymore, it just seems that everyone's picking apart what i say. oh wait this is the internet. haha.
                        Eh, don't feel so bad, people also pick apart what I say- whenever it's something stupid.
                        when it comes down to it, i don't need to explain myself or my choice of disc.
                        Too late, you have already done both. Whoops!
                        im actually kind of bummed, you guys are all boners. i am an American. i have the right to an idea an opinion! *cue inspirational music*.

i was just trying to bring a different opinion and angle to the conversation. my bad.

... but seriously. you are a boner.
                        Logic still hurting brain

Oh man, it happened again! What you said was picked apart. I wonder if there's a pattern developing? Google "metacognitive awareness" and see if anything interesting shows up.
                        The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                          Eh, don't feel so bad, people also pick apart what I say- whenever it's something stupid.

Too late, you have already done both. Whoops!

Logic still hurting brain

Oh man, it happened again! What you said was picked apart. I wonder if there's a pattern developing? Google "metacognitive awareness" and see if anything interesting shows up.
                          google "get a life"

Comment

I'll google "get a life" if you work on your social skills.

So anyways, back to the topic at hand. Star plastic. What would be worse, if Innova named a whole new line of plastic for each blend they try, or if they continue to make special blends and pass them off as regular production to the mostly unsuspecting Innova fanboy?

Comment

I've always wanted to say "Google this motherf***er!" and then shoot someone.

One of the many reasons I don't throw a Roc or an Aviar is because of the many different variations (Classic Roc, Ontario, Rancho, etc.) it makes it so confusing to know which one you would want and I'm not willing to go and buy 10 different ones to try and see which one works best for me. There is only one Buzzz (besides the SS) and they all are about the same; why make a billion different variations when you got it right the first time?!
                              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                                I've always wanted to say "Google this motherf***er!" and then shoot someone.

One of the many reasons I don't throw a Roc or an Aviar is because of the many different variations (Classic Roc, Ontario, Rancho, etc.) it makes it so confusing to know which one you would want and I'm not willing to go and buy 10 different ones to try and see which one works best for me.

There is only one Buzzz (besides the SS) and they all are about the same; why make a billion different variations when you got it right the first time?!

ok 1st Aviar and Roc are 2 completely diff discs....

a classic roc is like an XD much more like an approach type disc

ont,rancho, are driver like with rancho more stable out of the box than the ont

the Buzz is a KNOCKOFF of a Roc
                                "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X