X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Pack it in, Pack it out" sign needed

I'm looking for a "Pack it in, Pack it Out" sign for our local course, SeaTac Disc Golf Course in WA. Something similar to the one below. Anyone that has any information about how to acquire one would be very helpful. Thanks!

Originally posted by Snooskie Longhorn View Post
    I'm looking for a "Pack it in, Pack it Out" sign for our local course, SeaTac Disc Golf Course in WA. Something similar to the one below. Anyone that has any information about how to acquire one would be very helpful. Thanks!
    you can always try the Local US forest service office or State forestry agency. They may even have old ones you can have or know where you can get them. Then there is always a Google search. Finally, if you know any one good at woodworking they can always make one.
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

Comment

I also found this for the Seattle P&R
      Throw What You Know.
      PDGA# 45989

Comment

Thanks!

I checked out the City of Seattle link and also the City of SeaTac site for links to the Parks dept. I will contact them on Monday. I forgot to mention that this thread is related to the TRASH THREAD, as I'm working to keep my local course clean. Any artist out there want to volunteer thier time on a sign? I will pay for the materials if you donate your time and talent.

Comment

Oh, me too. Me too! I want too. Please, please. Hunh, hunh, can I, hunh?
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Ol'Bob, when I get one, I'll share the source.

I went out today to complete another sweep and someone else beat me to the punch. Excellent work on removing the last of the blob. Thanks to the phantom trash removal crew. I did gather two full bags of trash from Saturday's crowd. SeaTac Disc Golf Course is clean!

Still working on the sign...

Stay tuned.

Ben

Comment

Strike out with WA State Parks

I called Olympia (WA State Parks) and they referred me to their sign shop in Issaquah, WA, to a guy who told me that they can't sell or give signs to the general public. He commented that he replaces a lot of signs that "disappear". In other words, stolen signs. I assured him that the disc golf community would secure a sign through the proper channels. He suggested that I just create one from scratch. Good advice. I'm headed that direction.

Once again, stay tuned...

Ben

Comment

Get a nice piece of wood and woodburn it yourself. I woodburned all those trophies for the camp taloali tournament last weekend, definitely worth doing it myself.

Comment

These are somewhat less than effective at being anything other than graffiti magnets.
                  We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Pack it in Pack it out

This is a good idea for every course. Probably not a bad idea for multiple locations on the courses. One idea would be to hit up a vinyl sign making shop and ask them to sponsor a sign or two. Maybe the parks would let them include their sign shop name at the bottom as a sponsorship promotional thing.

Having worked in one of these places a long time ago my guess is that retail price for one of these if you ordered off the street would probably be like $30-$40 maybe less.
                    Steve
                    http://www.BullseyeDiscGolf.com

Comment

I called Olympia (WA State Parks) and they referred me to their sign shop in Issaquah, WA, to a guy who told me that they can't sell or give signs to the general public. He commented that he replaces a lot of signs that "disappear". In other words, stolen signs. I assured him that the disc golf community would secure a sign through the proper channels. He suggested that I just create one from scratch. Good advice. I'm headed that direction.

Once again, stay tuned...

Ben
                      Would a non-profit organization count as the "general public"? If not, you could possibly do it through Chainbangerz DGC.
                      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

There are a number of signage materials out there that could work in place of the typical heavy duty 'commercial' aluminum baked-enamel signs the city and state produce. These are aluminum composite sheets that are rigid, durable and can accept vinyl, direct digital print and screen printing. Some are more cost effective than others. One-offs are obviously more expensive than a longer run. A well-equipped and able sign fabricator could do it up good.

On the flip-side, golfers that carry a trash bag will go a long way, be it [still] unfashionable and cumbersome. Peer pressure and visibility will hopefully slowly turn it into habit [and sheik] for everyone

Comment

Found a vendor - a little pricey

Thanks for the input. After researching materials, costs, etc... there is a company that sells an aluminum sign HERE. What do you think about this one?

Comment

looks good
                            Throw What You Know.
                            PDGA# 45989

Comment

Ol'Bob, when I get one, I'll share the source.

I went out today to complete another sweep and someone else beat me to the punch. Excellent work on removing the last of the blob. Thanks to the phantom trash removal crew. I did gather two full bags of trash from Saturday's crowd. SeaTac Disc Golf Course is clean!

Still working on the sign...

Stay tuned.

Ben

the phantom trash removal crew is me and some of the members of chainbangers disc golf club (cdgc). I think if more of us do a little we can all
                              do allot.This will also help to eleviate the hard work that some people,like yourself and others that volunteer their time without expecting anything in return, except for a clean course. Some of the reasons for the club are to organize as a group so that we can approach the city of Sea-Tac with a match program. Usually if we volunteer a certain amount of hours they will match it.So that way if we keep track our efforts we can at least get something out of it.
                              As far as a sign goes, Adam can get a thick metal sign,and I have a line on a vinyl plotter that would make for a great sign. But honestly I only think it would serve as another peice of property for the kids to vandalize & destroy.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X