X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why No DX Bosses and Katanas?

Lite DX is what I have found I can throw. I'm even willing to buy the four or five wildly varying flight patterns to find the single 150ish one that works right for me. So, it's not like I'm just slacking and making poor ol' Innova go broke.

Innova, have mercy on the likes of me.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
    Lite DX is what I have found I can throw. I'm even willing to buy the four or five wildly varying flight patterns to find the single 150ish one that works right for me. So, it's not like I'm just slacking and making poor ol' Innova go broke.

Innova, have mercy on the likes of me.
    Bob,

I know they have r-pro down to the low 140's. Just bought my wife a 143 r-pro boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Minordiety View Post
      Bob,

I know they have r-pro down to the low 140's. Just bought my wife a 143 r-pro boss.
      But no R-Pro Katanas.

R-Pro Bosses are what I'm left with. The trouble is, R-Pro has been analyzed and has proven to be made from cheese. While it costs more than DX, it has an even shorter working life. I need some light DXs to have a chance that one will beat into a sweet spot for me, not just quickly pass through it, like R-Pro. I have worn out a good number of the R-Pro Bosses already. I'm using my least ruined ones now, until I'm ready to waste some more money on cheese I'm not going to eat.

Anyway, thanks for trying. I think Innova is the only one who can really help me. I just wish I knew what they were up to. Tired of selling $7 discs that out-last the $10 ones, I guess.

Comment

But no R-Pro Katanas.

R-Pro Bosses are what I'm left with. The trouble is, R-Pro has been analyzed and has proven to be made from cheese. While it costs more than DX, it has an even shorter working life. I need some light DXs to have a chance that one will beat into a sweet spot for me, not just quickly pass through it, like R-Pro. I have worn out a good number of the R-Pro Bosses already. I'm using my least ruined ones now, until I'm ready to waste some more money on cheese I'm not going to eat.

Anyway, thanks for trying. I think Innova is the only one who can really help me. I just wish I knew what they were up to. Tired of selling $7 discs that out-last the $10 ones, I guess.
        I understand about the r-pro. One tree and it's over(perhaps I should say under for understable.)

Sorry.

Comment

Maybe Innova is still in negotiations with Springsteen for rights to the hot stamp art for the DX Boss.

Comment

you can try just pro. they don't make them as light, but they last longer and are the same price as r-pro.
            Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

If you can't throw a disc for distance in to the 165g and up range then you probably have no business throwing a Katana or Boss. The "fastest" thing I throw is a Predator and Valkyrie.
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I'm sorry, it's just that I can throw the light R-Pro Bosses and Katanas quite a ways farther than anything else I've tried. Goofy me likes that. When I lost my out-of-print R-Pro Katana in the drink at Trojan, someone felt sorry for me and bought me a Pro 168. It might as well be a Firebird. I just don't have the snap for it. I want the DX option because for distance drivers, they've been my longest. If I could use Champion or Star, I'd gladly pay, and love it that the discs didn't wear out. I just don't get why Innova holds out on me and the girls who need the light stuff.

That R-Pro Katana was my longest driver yet. It was FAST that even I could play with and have fun.

Comment

I'm sorry, it's just that I can throw the light R-Pro Bosses and Katanas quite a ways farther than anything else I've tried. Goofy me likes that. When I lost my out-of-print R-Pro Katana in the drink at Trojan (it was my longest driver yet), someone felt sorry for me and bought me a Pro 168. It might as well be a Firebird. I just don't have the snap for it. I want the DX option because for distance drivers, they've been my longest. If I could use Champion or Star, I'd gladly pay, and love it that the discs didn't wear out. I just don't get why Innova holds out on me and the girls who need the light stuff.
                  I'm right behind you there Ol Bob! 150g DX Katanas & Bosses! Get them out there!
                  Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                  Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                  Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                  Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                  Or does here stand the last remaining man
                  To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                  No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                  Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                  Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

there are the latest and greatest and lightest here

There is also a large lightweight selection here
                    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

DX Destroyer may be your best bet until Innova releases light DX Bosses and Katanas.
                      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

there are pro d forces at 150g
                        www.soulpancake.com
                        www.bahai.org
                        http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                          If you can't throw a disc for distance in to the 165g and up range then you probably have no business throwing a Katana or Boss.
                          Thats just ignorant.
                          Why do you continue to let your fingers type stuff you really know nothing about ?

My longest flying discs are also my lightest ones.
                          150 Beast
                          145 Boss
                          150 Valk
                          Its no secret that lighter discs fly farther downwind, or uphill, and you and all the rest of the " You should be able to throw a Teebird 400' before you throw anything faster" people are idiots.

I'm not powerful, but I have mad skills, and I throw the fastest discs available, and I throw them well.

The "fastest" thing I throw is a Predator and Valkyrie.
                          Why do you assume anybody cares ?

He throws a Boss really far Tom, you dont think he's tried an Eagle, or a Valk already ?
                          Dont preach.
                          If you cant get him, and me, Dx Boss's and Katanas, then this thread gains nothing from your contribution.

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                            If you can't throw a disc for distance in to the 165g and up range then you probably have no business throwing a Katana or Boss. The "fastest" thing I throw is a Predator and Valkyrie.
                            pshaw! no business... whatever... i'll no business you, buddy! i think as more ladies get into this sport and as masters turn into grandmasters turn into senior grandmasters, innova is going to have to start catering to our needs... and if we don't speak up, how will they know what we need? i have as much business as anybody else to throw a boss or a katana if i want to... and speaking of bosses... you're not the boss of me, sillyboy!

... no business... try to tell me what to do...

peace,
                            em
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

I think beginners have no business throwing anything faster than a Leopard or a Teebird. But once you've been out there for a while, you should be informed enough to know what's going to work for you, or not, so throw whatever the hell you want.
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X