• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah! and your aces are lame!
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

People ganging up against me again?! The only thing you guys are missing are the torches and pitchforks! And Chris my aces aren't lame!!!

You can throw what you want to throw I guess. Personally I think the added 20 feet of distance isn't worth the pain of not being able to keep the disc in the fairway all the time. I love light discs, it's not that I don't like light discs I just think a 150 Valkyrie is easier to throw and control for me than a 150 boss.
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I have a 167 Pro Katana. They are being made. In my own opinion Pro is pretty close to DX, but not quite the same.
        All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

I believe Dunipace said they can't make some wide rimmed disc models successfully in DX because the flight plate is so thin. It just won't flow in and uniformly fill the plate without leaving openings. The R-Pro plastic is denser and apparently allows the plastic to flow and fill the thin flight plate allowing lower weight versions of these models to be produced.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
            I believe Dunipace said they can't make some wide rimmed disc models successfully in DX because the flight plate is so thin. It just won't flow in and uniformly fill the plate without leaving openings.
            Crap!
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
              The only thing you guys are missing are the torches and pitchforks!

Comment

I say try beat 10x kc pro eagle... i got one that was already beaten and this baby flies so nice on a much softer throw... Instead of trying for bosses and katanas... find those speed 7-9 discs that fly far and easily on lower power??

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                  I say try beat 10x kc pro eagle... i got one that was already beaten and this baby flies so nice on a much softer throw... Instead of trying for bosses and katanas... find those speed 7-9 discs that fly far and easily on lower power??
                  Still doesnt fly as far.

I have
                  150 Champ Eagle X
                  141 KC Pro Gazelle
                  150 Dx Beast
                  150 Dx Destroyer
                  150 Star Valkyrie
                  150 Dx Teerex
                  147 Dx Valkyrie
                  150 Dx Stingray
                  150 R Pro Boss
                  145 R Pro Boss
                  136 R Pro Boss
                  124 Nike Raging Inferno DT Ultralight

The Beast, then the 136 Boss fly consistently the farthest downwind with my puny OAT riddled arm.
                  Dx Destroyer is VERY stable, flies sky high flex lines like the Teerex, but lacks the glide of the Boss.

I would buy 150 Katanas if I could find them.

They did run some 150 class Dx Xcalibers for the J.O. but I dont think demand is good enough to release this disc in regular production.

Dave has production Boss's and Destroyers in premium Star plastic down to 165 grams now, its only a matter of time before he gets the right formula to mold these in 150 class.

Comment

It is hard to describe what we may think is best for anyone else.......just suggestions of course. I found out that my own son actually throws a slipstream gt very well even though he can throw a pro katana further. I have added some good d with the katana and i love it........got 4 in the bag, but the jk valkyrie and champion/star sidewinders are still my choice for very pinpiont accuracy shots.

However i did notice that if a pro katana gets beat in for about 3-6 months it will more than likely fly very understable and just like a dx version if there was one. I throw a 168 pro katana first run and i flip it over pretty easily most of the time and i do not have the big arms like most pros. I throw an average of 350' but i also throw with my disc at the hyzer position and let them flip up as well.........always something to take into consideration when suggesting discs to anyone else.
                    WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Accuracy is way more important than distance... And just saying it takes alot more power to throw those speed 13 discs regardless of their weight. I would totally advise the older men to watch Dr. Voakes, that guy has like 10 discs in his bag and he just throws smoothly and his accuracy is awesome but he has no distance.

Comment

What I think Ol’ Bob is saying is that he like how the DX plastic feels in his hands and he also likes how the Boss and Katana flies for his throwing style. He is also, from what I hear, “old and decrepit” and therefore throws lightweight discs. Naturally, he wants the mold, plastic, and weight he can throw effectively. Is that really too much to ask? I don't think so.
                        Throw What You Know.
                        "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                        PDGA# 45989

Comment

I could live with R-Pro if it didn't cost more for plastic that won't last worth a crap. Some DXs (if only a few) beat just right into my wheelhouse and stay there.

It's quite simple, while the R-Pro Bosses are in their five minute window of beat in just right, I can glide them farther than anything else I've tried. Next time I hit something, that may be over. I haven't had an R-Pro anything that has lasted.

"Fast" is a funny descriptor for discs. For a given weight, no disc is going to be faster than anyone's arm/wrist speed at release. Perhaps "drag rating" would be a better way to put it. That sharp edge and long tapered wide rim combine for less drag and faster rotation. Obviously, it is these lightweights, once beat up a little, that maximize my ability to glide. The wider rim allows me (the snapless wonder) to impart a little better spin, and that is probably where that little extra distance I get comes from.

All that aside, if there are technical difficulties in molding the so-called "fast" discs in a lighter DX, then I guess I'm screwed and will go wanting, grumbling at the more spendy R-Pros when they go flip city, far too soon.

Comment

keep em clean

Hey Bob,
                            Have you tried having 2, 3 of the same disc (mold,weight) and once one is at a certain stage don't use it for shots it can get beat more.
                            For instance I carry 4-5 Rocs most of the time.
                            #1 is beat to crap and makes magic and 4 or 5 are "clean" and I use them mainly where I won't smack a tree too soon from my release.
                            If you haven't tried the 150 dx Destroyer yet, I would.
                            Also, those ultra light Infernos that Cap Jack mentioned are really boss man.
                            They feel a lot like DX.
                            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                            - Anonymous

Comment

I too have found that the R-pro Boss goes further than any other disc for me. I also agree that they get flippy real quick.
                              Y'all have tried tuning them haven't you? I find that if I work all the way around on a flippy one bending the outside rim up that they are even more stable than new and seem to hold the set for a game or two at least. Tuning them greatly increases their lifespan.
                              Of course, Your results may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                                Maybe Innova is still in negotiations with Springsteen for rights to the hot stamp art for the DX Boss.

That's funny.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X