Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to discgolfcenter.com, speed is "How quickly a disc slows down as it moves forward. Low numbers lose speed quickly, high numbers lose speed slowly."

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
      According to discgolfcenter.com, speed is "How quickly a disc slows down as it moves forward."
      IOW, drag. The numbers just function inversely.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        The problem with them calling it "speed" is just that it's not a measure of the disc's speed out of your hand; it's more like "this is the speed at which you need to be throwing in order to make this disc do what it's designed to do." I don't understand the physics of it, but obviously a wider rim is affecting some variable that's speed-sensitive.
        It's obviously drag that's being affected. I wouldn't doubt that the sharpness of the edge has an effect in this department as well.

The amount of snap/spin will probably also affect the speed at which a given disc works best, as well as the airspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
          It's obviously drag that's being affected. I wouldn't doubt that the sharpness of the edge has an effect in this department as well.

The amount of snap/spin will probably also affect the speed at which a given disc works best, as well as the airspeed.

See now, this makes quite a bit more sense. However, as Bob noted in one of his earlier posts, they are in the business of marketing discs. Discussing a disc's drag does not have the same effect as discussing its speed. Maybe the Boss has electrolytes. Its what disc golfers want.
          TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
            Maybe the Boss has electrolytes. Its what disc golfers want.
            BRAWNDO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
              BRAWNDO!!!
              The fairway mutilator!
              Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
              Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Okay, so after another 40 some holes spent at McIver, throwing my new Bosses (yes all 6 of them) Sometimes up to six times per hole I will make a recommend something: If you do not throw in the upper 300's with EASE, do not buy this disc. I'm not talking about yeah I can wrench on a disc and hit 400 feet from time to time. I'm talking about consistent upper 300's without really thinking about it.

If you are looking for a disc that you can torque on, and it stay overstable the entire length of its flight, this is not the disc for you.

It took me all of 6 throws and some consistent 500+ foot drives to have me hooked. I played around with some slower arm speed throws and at slow speeds it reminds me of a champion destroyer. But once you power up on this disc it does turn over, out of control turnover? No.

Keep this disc low to the ground and it flat out halls ass. You guys all know the long island hole at McIver, the temp hole. I threw a drive about 8 feet off the ground and was inside jump putting range. This disc glides, a lot. Is it what I was expecting? No. But after playing around, and throwing some 100 + drives with it, my destroyers are gone, save my flippy one.

These are my thoughts and my assumptions only, read into them at your own wishes and or desires. Hell ignore them for all I care. But this is a solid disc for people with higher armspeeds.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you have them as I continue to demo my new loves.
                P.s. The wider rim, at least to me is easier to throw than a Destroyer or Wraith...T-bird, Mosters, Boss, the only drivers that will be in my bag, save my sexy SE Leopard. Until Innova comes out with something else new and sexy that, I will buy way more than I need....

Comment

Are all six of your boss's similar to each other in stability? I assume they are all max weight, what colors are you using?

Comment

Alright, I have a clear, day glow yellow, autumn is orange/brown, a blue first run champ, another blue and a purple. The blue first run being the most stable of the batch, a bigger dome than the rest. the day glow yellow being the flattest and least over stable. I threw the first run more than most but it will never get thrown near a tree. I liked the yellow one...alot as well. Added about 50+ feet to my sidearm over some of my best destroyer side arm drives. had a few push into the 430 range.

P.s. The weights on EVERY boss I have picked up, all 150+ are wrong. So I weighed each one before picking out the dozen I had bought. All 12 weighed in at 174, ranging from 175-170 in Innova written weight.

Comment

Comment

told ya.
                        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

[QUOTE=Bruce;2619]
                          Keep this disc low to the ground and it flat out halls ass. You guys all know the long island hole at McIver, the temp hole. I threw a drive about 8 feet off the ground and was inside jump putting range. This disc glides, a lot. Is it what I was expecting? No. But after playing around, and throwing some 100 + drives with it, my destroyers are gone, save my flippy one.

Bruce, I'd be interested in your Destroyers.

Comment

...unless they are already Destroyees.

Comment

I threw Bruce's day-glow yellow one.

YUM!
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I don't use the destroyer, I tried it out and decided that I didn't believe it gave me an appreciable advantage over my teerex's, They were similar in length but less controllable, less consistent (more nose angle dependent) and had less overall glide. The excaliber was similar, though controllable and more consistent it lacked glide and thus distance for my armspeed (420-440 average golf D). I had assumed the boss would be similar, and this was the case for the proto's I through. The actual release of the disc is a different animal. The stability is similar to my worked in teerex's more stable than a new wraith but not by much. I need to pick a few up and try them out more extensively at this point I could see them taking the place of my rex's, that would be fairly impressive. I can't wait to see them in star.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X