Phenix bags with Line-X lining Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Phenix bags with Line-X lining

    Who uses any of these bags and how do you like them? Any issues with the Line-X?

  • #2
    Eric O. and cefire are both Phenix users (as well as sk8architecture and papatarts, I believe) and they can fill you in more. I borrowed cefire's for a while and it's a sweet bag. Very well balanced, tough as nails, and great in the rain. The only real drawbacks I see to them are that they don't have the storage capacity of, say, a Carolina, and without a zippered top, aren't convenient for taking on a plane. I was on the verge of buying one, but then the Simian came out and I splurged on that. I'd still consider getting the Phenix Streamline though, for days when I don't want to carry the Sim around.

    Oh and you'll def. want to spring for the Line-X, it adds immeasurably to the bag's toughness and water-guarding, as well as gives the bag shape.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the info Tim. Maybe I'll see Eric O. at Lunchtime tomorrow and get some input from him.

      I'm not in the market for a new bag. My brother is meeting with the owner from Phenix tonight about spraying their bags for them. I just thought I'd see if anyone had any beefs with the lining so I could give him feedback on any possible weak spots or such. Thought I'd get a jump on it in case he is awarded the contract.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jevon View Post
        Thanks for the info Tim. Maybe I'll see Eric O. at Lunchtime tomorrow and get some input from him.

        I'm not in the market for a new bag. My brother is meeting with the owner from Phenix tonight about spraying their bags for them. I just thought I'd see if anyone had any beefs with the lining so I could give him feedback on any possible weak spots or such. Thought I'd get a jump on it in case he is awarded the contract.

        Yep, I use the bag and definitely dig it very much. The Line-X bottom is what makes the bag for me. It wraps up about 1.5 inches around the bottom so I can set that baby down in a puddle and still not worry about it. I have yet to have any issues with that part of the bag (or any part for that matter). A solid bag that is worth the price. If your bro gets the job he better maintain that quality or.......

        Okay, enough goofing around, kids are waking up!

        Later,
        Scott Papa
        Team Discraft
        Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

        Comment


        • #5
          The Line-X is perfect. I accidently spilled my water bottle and created a giant puddle inside the bag! I do believe it adds a few xtra pounds seems alot heavier than the carolina bag. I love the core bag until I saw the Simian.
          WORK LESS THROW MORE
          http://www.grippt.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Looks like they are trying something new. He sent me a pic and it is not what I was expecting from his description. I don't want to spill the beans on anything so I'd better just shut up.

            Comment


            • #7
              Love my phenix bag, love the line-x. Saw Jevon's photo and was like . Not what I would have expected either.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tim View Post
                ... without a zippered top, aren't convenient for taking on a plane.
                I'll admit I haven't taken my bag on a flight, and it isn't something I took into account when I bought it. Still the rainfly seems like it would travel fine. It has velcro all the way around and there is a plastic buckle on each side to secure it even further. I'd be more likely not to want to check my bag at the airport for fear of the quads getting thrashed up.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Eric Olson View Post
                  I'll admit I haven't taken my bag on a flight, and it isn't something I took into account when I bought it. Still the rainfly seems like it would travel fine. It has velcro all the way around and there is a plastic buckle on each side to secure it even further. I'd be more likely not to want to check my bag at the airport for fear of the quads getting thrashed up.
                  You haven't traveled much have you? Normally people take the straps off their bags if said strap is detachable so they donít get caught on any of the conveyer belts. Also at check in most ticket agents require you to take off any removable straps. I believe that most quad staps are deachable unless you did something silly like weld them on.
                  Throw What You Know.
                  "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                  PDGA# 45989

                  Comment

                  Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X