X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flash View Post
    The concept of breathable waterproof rain gear is a farce. I don't care what a company says about their fancy fabric. You can go with the greatest weather gear available and it will be waterproof but it will not be breathable. I used to have some gear for sailing that I never got wet in but I would sweat if the temp climbed about 60 with minimal activity.
    ... hence the necessity of pit zips...
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
      Whiskey for warmth..................golf naked! You stay warm and don't get bogged down with wet clothing.

When you're done you just throw on some dry clothes and there you go.

Always glad to help out my Bro Smo!

Bob
      Why, why would anyone want to see that mess?

Solved my problem. Bought the underlayer that was suggested (patagonia), bought the Jacket that was suggested (Patagonia) and he spray that was suggested. All in all, I will be completely soaked and making excuses by noon on Saturday! Lets play some golf baby!
      Training to be a bagger

Comment

Staying comfortable in heavy rain is an art. I am a master but the techniques are not easily passed along on a msg board. The basic principle is you can't rely on your gear to alter physics, and you must use your awareness and common sense. Also waterproof and breathable is a continuum. If you want more of one you must sacrifice the other. Know your body and find the balance that works for you.

Comment

Quack.

I'm working on the four feather power grip.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
            All in all, I will be completely soaked and making excuses by noon on Saturday! Lets play some golf baby!
            stop saying it's going to rain rain rain! you are bursting my sunshine bubble! do not make me hunt you down saturday morning and make you join me in a traditional oregonian sunshine dance... because i totally will... and you will have to do it in rufflebutts and a tutu... now just pack up your umbrella and rain gear and be prepared... enough doom and gloom... i plan to be golfing in my skort and tank top, so i've heard enough from you, mister! (don't worry, also packing my gear and several changes of socks and shoes so as not to be responsible for any deluges).

peace threw disc golf,
            emmarose
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Quack.

Comment

Originally posted by Carie CPink View Post
                Mr. Pink purchased a rain set at Costco for under $30. Claims it is the best rain gear he's ever worn.

I have to agree.... This is the best rain gear I have ever owned. Light weight and very effective. It easily folds up and stuffs into my Golf Bag fro those days where rain is anticipated OR on the long rounds when the rain stops.

Comment

What's the brand on the Costco set? I could get my neighbors who go there to pick me up one. I get them to get me those bundles of 36 microfiber towels there for about $15.00.

My set now would be great for on a crabber in the Gulf of Alaska, but sucks for disc golf.

Comment

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                    stop saying it's going to rain rain rain! you are bursting my sunshine bubble! do not make me hunt you down saturday morning and make you join me in a traditional oregonian sunshine dance... because i totally will... and you will have to do it in rufflebutts and a tutu... now just pack up your umbrella and rain gear and be prepared... enough doom and gloom... i plan to be golfing in my skort and tank top, so i've heard enough from you, mister! (don't worry, also packing my gear and several changes of socks and shoes so as not to be responsible for any deluges).

peace threw disc golf,
                    emmarose
                    sorry dawgess. not trying to burst the bubble, just trying to be prepared for a change. 4 rounds in 2 days at Milo is seriously pushing my physical capability since I havent played 4 rounds in 2 days ever. I just want to limit fatigue in any way possible. After all I am an old guy. Tutu's and Rufflebutts would be a welcome change from some of the outfits I normally see out there.
                    Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                      What's the brand on the Costco set? I could get my neighbors who go there to pick me up one. I get them to get me those bundles of 36 microfiber towels there for about $15.00.

My set now would be great for on a crabber in the Gulf of Alaska, but sucks for disc golf.
                      That would be "Kirkland" brand. Comes in a variety of colors for the Jacket (2 Tone) with Black pants.

Comment

Much thanks. I'm putting in my order and will trust the neighbor not to buy pink.

Comment

Much thanks. I'm putting in my order and will trust the neighbor not to buy pink.
                          Now there’s a visual
                          Throw What You Know.
                          "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                          PDGA# 45989

Comment

Did you finally charm the neighbor from he(doubletoothpicks) into hukking with you?

Good work!

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
                              Did you finally charm the neighbor from he(doubletoothpicks) into hukking with you?

Good work!
                              Not that neighbor. That one still eludes arrest, and/or commitment in a home for the criminally insane.

Comment

Moderators, please consider this thread completely done. It has been hijacked by folks so bored and with the most incidious of intentions that there is no hope of any future value here to me. It was good while it lasted.

Thanks,

Smo
                                Training to be a bagger

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X