Tracker Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tracker

    I recently lost my super beat orc, this was my roller/ anny with ease disc and I need to replace it. I am looking for a disc that comes out of the box stable to understable. I considered a leopard for this slot but I believe it is slower than I want and I simply don't throw orcs enough to beat one in to this point. Jason I know you liked the tracker and throw leopards, does it fit my bill. Any help/ advice would be appreciated.

  • #2
    I think the Tracker is a much slower disc than the Orc, and it's not all that understable. I use my Leopard for right-turning fairway shots and my Tracker for straight-to-left fairway shots. (I'm talking about 250-footers here.)

    If you're thinking about Discraft, consider an Avenger SS.
    Oregon disc golf map

    Comment


    • #3
      Monarch is my roller disc. It's amazing so far. I can throw nice 350+ ft anny shots with it too.

      Comment


      • #4
        What about a Beast? It's the understable one of the Orc family.
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

        Comment


        • #5
          Beast, Roadrunner or Sidewinder
          "Putt" is a four letter word

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Micah View Post
            I recently lost my super beat orc, this was my roller/ anny with ease disc and I need to replace it. I am looking for a disc that comes out of the box stable to understable. I considered a leopard for this slot but I believe it is slower than I want and I simply don't throw orcs enough to beat one in to this point. Jason I know you liked the tracker and throw leopards, does it fit my bill. Any help/ advice would be appreciated.
            Yo.....I don't know if the Tracker is what you are looking for. It is faster than the Leopard with similar stability, but they get a little inconsistent after beating in. But hey, take what I say with a grain of salt as I have yet to develop a decent roller.

            Please note that I have only thrown an X and Proto Tracker. I have heard that the Z-Tracker is much more overstable as compared to X and Proto so this may be exactly what you are looking for. I have a few Z-Trackers in my collection and would be happy to let you throw one if we ever cross paths. Will you be at the Hobit Huck this weekend?

            Comment


            • #7
              I haven't considered the new beasts for this role, I might have to give them a try. I do plan on making it to the huck, I will look for you there if you wouldn't mind bringing a tracker or two buy (proto included) I would appreciate it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Micah View Post
                I haven't considered the new beasts for this role, I might have to give them a try. I do plan on making it to the huck, I will look for you there if you wouldn't mind bringing a tracker or two buy (proto included) I would appreciate it.
                Cool. I will toss a few trackers in my bag tonight.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Avenger SS, Monarch, and the Assassin would all seem to be pretty good candidates for an "off the shelf" roller...
                  TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The new boss is pretty flippy... you might want to try one of those...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I am not just looking for a roller, more important to me is a disc that I can throw straight with low power for 330' to 430', add a little power to and throw a turnover 330' to 430', and throw hard and snap down a roller. I can flip a trex into a roller if I need to I just don't want to have to power a disc over like I normally do on my teebirds. I think I will wait on the boss until the kinks are ironed out.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Micah View Post
                        I am not just looking for a roller, more important to me is a disc that I can throw straight with low power for 330' to 430', add a little power to and throw a turnover 330' to 430', and throw hard and snap down a roller. I can flip a trex into a roller if I need to I just don't want to have to power a disc over like I normally do on my teebirds. I think I will wait on the boss until the kinks are ironed out.
                        Have you tried an XL?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yes, not consistent and a little slow.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            How about a Devil Hawk?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If you give me an Orc I can beat it in for you. I have an uncanny ability to hit trees.

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X