Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midrange Madness

Ok,

I just threw my Z-Buzzz about 20 feet or more into a massive blackberry patch at a park near my house. Over the past month or two I have noticed that this disc was really very over stable for me. To really get it to sing I had to throw it hard and with a lot of spin. Other wise it really brakes hard right (I throw LHBH) at the end. This is how it ended up in the brambles. Anyway, as my only midrange disc I was already looking at other options. Since I am a person who did not eat their spinach as a kid, I do not throw very hard. I also throw with that left arm of mine that does nothing else but throw a disc; I know I am a freak.

Anyway so does anyone have any other suggestions for a midrange disc?

Comet?
    Mako?
    Buzzz-SS?
    Others?

Thanks all,

Mark

if you've got problems with over hyzering a buzz you don't have many options i think. try a mako or xd?
    ________
    MEXICO CITY HOTELS
    Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

If your Buzzz is too stable then I would recommend the Meteor. I'm not realy familiar with Innova but I think a Panther would be good.

Comet is very touchy; you need excellent form to make it work well and my Meteor kicked it out of the bag, plus the Meteor glides really well and can go as far as a driver when thrown right.
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

A DX Ontario roc or a Star San Marino roc would be something to look at as well depending on your throw - the Mako is another good one and may go a bit further.

Comment

Aren't Roc's more stable than a Buzzz?

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Probably more so than a Rancho mold the Ontario is pretty much stable and the San Marino turns if you spin it up, in fact, my star Ontarios turn over pretty consistently.

There may be more face at the end, but my worked in Ranchos (Super rocs) fly about like an flx Buzzz.

I've also given DX Ontarios to beginning and intermediate players and had them start throwing very consistent straight and turnover shots pretty much out of the gate.

Not to start a roc v Buzzz thread again.

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
            Aren't Roc's more stable than a Buzzz?

Comment

wolf
              stingray
              kite
              goblin
              stratus
              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
                Probably more so than a Rancho mold the Ontario is pretty much stable and the San Marino turns if you spin it up, in fact, my star Ontarios turn over pretty consistently.

There may be more face at the end, but my worked in Ranchos (Super rocs) fly about like an flx Buzzz.

I've also given DX Ontarios to beginning and intermediate players and had them start throwing very consistent straight and turnover shots pretty much out of the gate.

Not to start a roc v Buzzz thread again.
                Good to know. I'm not familiar with all of the different Roc's and how they throw, haven't thrown one in 4-5 years.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

MRV... way less stable than a ROC. Like you and your Buzz, my Roc's need a full throw to work. MRV is a finess disc that will go just as far as a Roc if needed, but doesn't need a full wind up.
                  A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

any newb or not so strong arms should always try out the dx stingray, this is one of the most forgiving disc on the market and has awesome glide for newbs... even pros use this for certain shots... i have seen more immediate success with a 150dx stingray than any other disc and I've introduced it to at least 20+ players, women and kids included. A meteor, kite, ontario mold roc are all good options, it's all what is comfortable to your hand...

Comment

Yeah I remember playing with a Stingray and a Shark when I first started and had better success with those than the big drivers of the time. (Valkyrie) I've forgotten about that till just now.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

If you like the Buzz try a lighter weight of it. Example:if your Buzz was a max wt. of 180 try a 165-170g model. Also not all Rancho Roc's are "Super Roc's", point made to avoid any possible confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                          If your Buzzz is too stable then I would recommend the Meteor.
                          Or try a beat-to-snot D Buzzz.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

coyote
                            buzz flx
                            mako
                            shark
                            meteor
                            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

If you like the way the buzzz feels or you just want to throw one just to throw one you should...

Try a lighter one of the one you lost
                              or a X Buzzz
                              or a D Buzzz
                              or if you wanna be "cool" a Z Glo Buzzz SS
                              www.soulpancake.com
                              www.bahai.org
                              http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X