Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have ditched my Buzzes and Comets in favor of the Mako.
    It just goes where you throw it. Once I trained myself to not adjust for a fade it's been $$$.
    I have been using it for putting as well. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
      If your Buzzz is too stable then I would recommend the Meteor.
      I second this... great disc for those of us without 400 feet of power. Nice gliding anny's and laser-beam hyzer-flips.

Comment

I just can't get a grip on a Meteor. The Buzzz is almost too understable if I put some drive like speed and snap on it. Just like the Comet. Can't throw that disc to save my life either.
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

For the guys with pop, there is the rare FLX Buzzz out there that snappy guys can throw. Ya gotta shop 'em. With my lack of snap, I can (must) throw them hard. It is the most predictable/aimable disc I throw when I'm leaning into it. I hope you get a hold of one of the stable ones sometime. They are just tons of fun.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I just went through, but did I miss the question of what weight you are throwing?
            educate your thinking

Comment

Ill second that motion on the FLX Buzzz being the more high speed stable of the line up. Thats why I keep one when I really need to get on it. Or I need a little bit of fade at the end of 250 foot tunnel shot.
              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Of course, if a straightish mid like the Buzzz is fading hard on you, then that is more indicative that you need to get the nose down more rather than changing mids.

Anything thrown dramatically nose up will fade hard, including mids (which tend to ignore a little nose up).

Try playing catch with a friend at about 100 feet with a fairway driver or mid and focus on keeping the nose down. Try to keep the fade minimal without tossing it hard at all.
                We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Status & Skeeter.

Or throw a Monster very softly and it will break so hard left (or for you) right, that it will do a 360 and be straight down the fairway.

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                    Of course, if a straightish mid like the Buzzz is fading hard on you, then that is more indicative that you need to get the nose down more rather than changing mids.

Anything thrown dramatically nose up will fade hard, including mids (which tend to ignore a little nose up).

Try playing catch with a friend at about 100 feet with a fairway driver or mid and focus on keeping the nose down. Try to keep the fade minimal without tossing it hard at all.
                    I have noticed that and it is one of the things I need to work on, keeping the disc down more and not popping up so much. Wrist snap and grip or the two other things.

Thanks again,

Mark

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X