Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D Buzzz is a great route too and it beats in really fast, good suggestions.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

star skeeter!!
      ________
      BLACK COCK
      Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I'd have to toss my vote in for a stingray or shark, two great control mids that can be forgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
          I'd have to toss my vote in for a stingray or shark, two great control mids that can be forgiving.
          But if he wants less fade than the Buzzz, the Mako would be a better choice than the Shark.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

D Buzzz or X Comet.

Innova's understable mids lick balls, unless its a beat Roc.
            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Never talked to anyone who said a Buzzz was too over-stable for them.

The Meteor would be my next guess for you. Little large in diameter for me though. A Mako would probably be good since they seem, from what I've thrown at least to be a tad less stable but just as glidey.
              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                Never talked to anyone who said a Buzzz was too over-stable for them.

The Meteor would be my next guess for you. Little large in diameter for me though.
                The Buzzz is actually a larger diameter then the Meteor.

Buzzz 21.7 cm
                Meteor 21.5 cm
                Mako 21.7 cm
                Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Anyway, I did enjoy the Buzzz but I think that I was using it in situations where I needed to switch more to a putter. I had been so unhappy with my old putter last year that I think that I simply did not switch when I got within 120 feet or so. I have two newer putters now and I'm enjoying better success there.

Anyway, I still liked the fade my Buzzz had in certain situations. I think I will get a Z-Glo at a slightly lighter weight. I am also thinking of the Meteor or Mako or both. The only issue I have with the Roc's are the numerous types; it is a little daunting. But hey, I got my seven year old daughter a 121 gm ROC last month and she is having fun with it.

Thanks again,

Mark

Comment

In sea level air discs are already pretty flippy, so if your buzz is over stable for you perhaps you just need to throw it flatter.
                    My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

If your daughter will let you throw her 121, I'm guessing it will flip nicely for you!

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                      Thanks all for the suggestions.

Anyway, I did enjoy the Buzzz but I think that I was using it in situations where I needed to switch more to a putter. I had been so unhappy with my old putter last year that I think that I simply did not switch when I got within 120 feet or so. I have two newer putters now and I'm enjoying better success there.

Anyway, I still liked the fade my Buzzz had in certain situations. I think I will get a Z-Glo at a slightly lighter weight. I am also thinking of the Meteor or Mako or both. The only issue I have with the Roc's are the numerous types; it is a little daunting. But hey, I got my seven year old daughter a 121 gm ROC last month and she is having fun with it.

Thanks again,

Mark

Comment

With all the different rocs out there I just stick with KC Pro. I have a 168 11x I'm beating in right now and it's starting to stand up nicely.
                        My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

I just buy them all and keep a pit of rocs like a ball-crawl in my basement.

Days I can't throw I just go down there and pretend they're gold dubloons and I'm Scrooge McDuck...

Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
                          With all the different rocs out there I just stick with KC Pro. I have a 168 11x I'm beating in right now and it's starting to stand up nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                            Ok,

I just threw my Z-Buzzz about 20 feet or more into a massive blackberry patch at a park near my house. Over the past month or two I have noticed that this disc was really very over stable for me. To really get it to sing I had to throw it hard and with a lot of spin. Other wise it really brakes hard right (I throw LHBH) at the end. This is how it ended up in the brambles. Anyway, as my only midrange disc I was already looking at other options. Since I am a person who did not eat their spinach as a kid, I do not throw very hard. I also throw with that left arm of mine that does nothing else but throw a disc; I know I am a freak.

Anyway so does anyone have any other suggestions for a midrange disc?

Comet?
                            Mako?
                            Buzzz-SS?
                            Others?

Thanks all,

Mark

Definitely try the Meteor, or also the Buzzz SS. For a straight throwing mid at all speeds, there is no better disc in my bag than the Buzzz SS. It is a great compliment to my Buzzz that has just that bit of overstability at the end.

Enjoy!

Papa
                            Last edited by papatart; March 22nd, 2010, 11:25 AM. Reason: spelling
                            Team Discraft
                            Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

Or you could try a Latitude 64 Core. Maybe a little more flippy than the Buzz and made of Swedish Plastic, which as we all know, is the best.
                              What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Comment

Thanks everyone for their input. I decided to try the Mako. It really flies a lot different then the Buzzz. Much more like a putter. It is a disc that is definitely neutral. It seems to fly much slower. What I do like about it is the landings. The small sampling of throws that I have tried with it have all had nice soft landings. The thing seems to stall at the end and floats softly down to the ground.

All in all I find this disc much more defensive for me. The Buzzz was a disc that I attacked the target. The Mako will stay in my bag as I did have some good placement shots at Pier last weekend. Although I did miss my Buzzz and this early evening, I took my daughter to my local park along with some large clippers and took back my Buzzz from the brier patch. It was easier than I thought. Someone had already blazed a small opening and once you were in ten feet, most of the canes thinned out.

Thanks again,

Mark

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X