X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XD retooled

I just heard from Brody Miller that the newest shipment of XDs at Disc Golf Depot have been retooled

I haven't seen them yet, but Brody says they're deeper (more like an aviar). WTF Mate If I wanted an aviar, I'd buy a freaking aviar.

I hate innova and discraft doesn't make discs that I like. I may have to switch to the Latitude Spike for a putter. Very XD like.

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
    I just heard from Brody Miller that the newest shipment of XDs at Disc Golf Depot have been retooled

I haven't seen them yet, but Brody says they're deeper (more like an aviar). WTF Mate If I wanted an aviar, I'd buy a freaking aviar.

I hate innova and discraft doesn't make discs that I like. I may have to switch to the Latitude Spike for a putter. Very XD like.
    Say it aint so!!! I will stop throing Inova if this is true.

Comment

Another update:

The super small bead that was on the XD is not on the retooled mold. It's beadless and gets pushed around in the wind a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
        Say it aint so!!! I will stop throing Inova if this is true.
        Dude, I'm with you. INNOVA

Comment

I already throw Discraft, time for you blokes to switch!
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Interesting...dunno what Innova's thinking with that. You might check out the Ringer though if you like the shallow putters. It's more stable than an XD, I think, but I doubt Discraft would switch up the mold like that.
            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              Interesting...dunno what Innova's thinking with that. You might check out the Ringer though if you like the shallow putters. It's more stable than an XD, I think, but I doubt Discraft would switch up the mold like that.
              I have a Ringer, but it is more over-stable than I would like. I think the Wizard would the first putter on my list if I need to change my bag.

Comment

The ringer is super flat and has no glide or float to it. And it's too overstable. And it's the devil

Anyway, the wizard is good, but still pretty stable (as in too stable for a putter). I've only putted with one and I've heard that different runs have different stabilities. So I may have to check it out.

Pizzel - have you played around with the Spike? Still a bit too stable but it feels a lot like an XD. I don't grip the stupid gripy patch on top.

I'm really tempted to drive across town to DGD to see these things. I'm nervous.

Comment

I have a Ringer, but it is more over-stable than I would like. I think the Wizard would the first putter on my list if I need to change my bag.
                  Interesting. I've only thrown a Ringer a couple times, but I would think a Wizard would be at least as over-stable. I'd think that a Magic would be closest to an XD, but I'm no expert.

EDIT: Just saw Sean's post after I posted mine. Sean, if you're open to tossing Gateway stuff, give the Voodoo or Magic a try (Warlock is also an option, but I found them to be pretty similar to Wizards). I've been a fan of Wizards for a few years now, and in my experience, you'll be hard pressed to get 2 that feel alike, but they all fly pretty much the same (at least in the baseline "S" plastic).
                  Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I have a Ringer, a few Wizards and two Focus's. If the Wizard is the putter you'd use to replace the XD you should really try a Focus. Very much like the Wizard with the rim depth of a Challenger. Good driving putter. Good approach and super dependable within 30.

Ringer is still my goto though for 150 to 30. Especially in the wind.
                    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

typical innovaland thinking; too bad guys, hardest disc to replace when I dumped innovaland. Not that Big D hasn't made a few blunders, but retooling one of the greatest discs ever...hurt them where they'll feel it, quarterly profit statements.
                      educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                        The ringer is super flat and has no glide or float to it. And it's too overstable. And it's the devil

Anyway, the wizard is good, but still pretty stable (as in too stable for a putter). I've only putted with one and I've heard that different runs have different stabilities. So I may have to check it out.

Pizzel - have you played around with the Spike? Still a bit too stable but it feels a lot like an XD. I don't grip the stupid gripy patch on top.

I'm really tempted to drive across town to DGD to see these things. I'm nervous.
                        Does the Spike have any glide to it?

Comment

:Please don't berate me for this question, I don't have a great deal of experience with either disc:

What about a Dart?

:ducking and leaving the room:

Comment

Originally posted by essjay View Post
                            :Please don't berate me for this question, I don't have a great deal of experience with either disc:

What about a Dart?

:ducking and leaving the room:
                            You can't duck low enough!!!! jk
                            I haven't thrown the Dart much, but I remember it having a funky profile. I will check one out tonight when I am buying every max-weight XD in the Portland Metro area.

Comment

You can't duck low enough!!!! jk
                              I haven't thrown the Dart much, but I remember it having a funky profile. I will check one out tonight when I am buying every max-weight XD in the Portland Metro area.
                              has anyone asked Dave D. on the PDGA forums about it?
                              PDGA #25296
                              Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X