X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrDROCK View Post
    Can anyone give me some comparison between the XD, the Aviar, and the Aero?

I am a solid month into this sport and currently throwing an Aviar, but interested in the XD's slimmer profile.
    The Aero is a straight flying large diameter disc that has wicked glide (glide factor 6 on the Innova scale). I use mine for longer putts 20 to 50 feet. It also makes a great utility disc, which is what I used mine for before I found the Coyote. As I said before in this thread, putters are like underwear and everyone has their own likes and dislikes. The only way you will find what you like is to try a few and see what you like. The first disc I bought was a 174g yellow Aero with a blue stamp and itís still in my bag. Granted weíve had our disagreements at times (why donít you want to go in your home you stupid disc, donít you like your home?) but we also had great times like the time she and I sank a 35 footer for par. Her name is Gertrude.
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

Comment

I carry four different putters: My goto inside 40 feet is the Rattler. I use the Ching JuJu for annie right-around putts. For longer putts where it is necessary to power up a bit, or where I need a left-around, it's the JK Pro 4x Aviar-X. I've recently added the Ringer in an effort to deal with wind (when I don't just throw a driver at the chains). None of them are worth a crap if I don't practice (a lot).

Personally, I never liked the XD. It didn't seem suited to my spin-putting style. So much fade makes it hard to judge a nice dead fall into the chains/basket. With the understable Rattler, I'll still give it some annie spin and get a nice nearly straight 'S' line to the chains, arriving there just as the fade is going to crash it anyway, keeping my misses close in.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
        its not so much the new disc that annoys me but that innova has no allegence to their throwers in not even trying to replicate the old mold and no warnings on the change, like no one would notice.
        Yeah, it would be much better if they just discontinued their good discs with a cult following like Discraft does.
        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
          You got one with this stamp?
          Nice. That would be a sweet stamp- maybe with ANHYSER underneath?
          What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Comment

One of those stamps went off at auction three years ago for a mere $825,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
              One of those stamps went off at auction three years ago for a mere $825,000.
              Rarest stamp of all, no?

Comment

Probably not as rare as this numbered block:

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                  Yeah, it would be much better if they just discontinued their good discs with a cult following like Discraft does.
                  Referring to the MRV no? That was a dumb move. Especially since finding them is hard. And convincing the people you found with them to get rid of them is even harder.

Back to the XD. My buddy Jeff read this and did two things. Laughed cause he bought a stack of them along time ago from his dad. He then cried because he's sold half of his stack.
                  "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                    Referring to the MRV no? That was a dumb move. Especially since finding them is hard. And convincing the people you found with them to get rid of them is even harder.
                    Referring to the MRV as well as the MRX, Hawk (Discraft's top pro uses it), Xtreme, X-Clone, X2, Talon, Swirl APX... I'm sure there's more.

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                      Referring to the MRV as well as the MRX, Hawk (Discraft's top pro uses it), Xtreme, X-Clone, X2, Talon, Swirl APX... I'm sure there's more.
                      Well, I know that Jack at Rapid Fire has in his discontinued box some MRX's and X-Clones and X-2's along with Rockets. And I'm pretty sure that in the regular case is like 4 or 5 Talons. Also at least two Slipstreams.

Also isn't the Swirl APX what the Wizard became? I remember reading that somewhere but I can't remember where.

A disc that I wish Innova would change or cancel instead of messing with the XD....the frickin Birdie. Man that's a brick of a disc.

Btw, I'm talking to my buddy Jeff about letting me snag ten of the old XD's from him. This way I can horde them over peoples heads and then make them disgusted by saying I'll never even throw them.
                      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Well, I know that Jack at Rapid Fire has in his discontinued box some MRX's and X-Clones and X-2's along with Rockets. And I'm pretty sure that in the regular case is like 4 or 5 Talons. Also at least two Slipstreams.
                        Most retailers probably still have the old mold XD, as well.

Also isn't the Swirl APX what the Wizard became? I remember reading that somewhere but I can't remember where.
                        Not even close. The Swirl APX is slightly understable and fairly shallow. Also, last time I checked, Jack had a couple of them in stock. Of course, I haven't checked in a couple years

If anything, the Wizard is closest to a big bead Aviar with a rounded lower wing and a thinner flightplate.

Btw, I'm talking to my buddy Jeff about letting me snag ten of the old XD's from him. This way I can horde them over peoples heads and then make them disgusted by saying I'll never even throw them.
                        I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself; I've heard people say the new mold flies incredibly close to the old mold.

Of course, even if they flew and felt exactly the same, there would be people who swear that the old mold flies way better.

Comment

This may be a little off topic, but is there a reason that the XD is classified as a putter rather than a mid range? Is it just a marketing technique by innova? I know classifications are arbitrary and don't really matter, I'm just curious. It feels and flies like a midrange for me.

That being said, I just switched to it for my putter and so far am loving it.
                          Last edited by Turkey Sandwich; March 26th, 2010, 10:05 AM.

Comment

The Xd was a classified as a driver when originally release. I've see 300+ ft. throws with them. A little slower than the Katana though.

CHAMPION XDs seen in the wild!!! First run (that I am aware of) ever in champ plastic. Check the ebay watch thread for links. I'm bidding on the two auctions but I bet they will go for over 35-40 bucks. Too rich for my blood.

Comment

Originally posted by The Course Bro View Post

CHAMPION XDs seen in the wild!!! First run (that I am aware of) ever in champ plastic. Check the ebay watch thread for links. I'm bidding on the two auctions but I bet they will go for over 35-40 bucks. Too rich for my blood.

hmmmm probably gonna be just like what happened to the classic rocs that they did when innova "changed/broke" that mold, if compared to the orig. version the new champion versions are overstable monsters.

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Turkey Sandwich View Post
                                This may be a little off topic, but is there a reason that the XD is classified as a putter rather than a mid range? Is it just a marketing technique by innova? I know classifications are arbitrary and don't really matter, I'm just curious. It feels and flies like a midrange for me.

That being said, I just switched to it for my putter and so far am loving it.
                                It's a very versatile disc. I use it as a putter, upshot, midrange, and sometimes driver.

A lot of NW disc golfers use it as a putter.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X