Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have found that putters are like underwear... Everyone likes something different: Boxers, briefs, thongs, commando, cotton, leather, spandex... I remember when the brand I wore went to the tag less stamp… I was like how am I going to be able to tell which way is front… I got used to it though.
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

Comment

Did the tag change the flight?
      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
        Did the tag change the flight?
        Ok so maybe it was a bad analogy. What I am saying is that things change and we need to get used to it. If the change doesn’t work for you, move on to something that does. In the business I work in, the only thing constant is change. I am not saying what is happening to this putter is good or bad. However, whining about it here won't fix it.
        Throw What You Know.
        "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
        PDGA# 45989

Comment

i just switched to the xd!! F ers! I dont drive with it so the 3 i have should last for years i hope. Plenty of scripp to pick up more from NA tomorrow!)
          ________
          Ford territory
          Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

I nly use my old ass Xd as a putter, so I got no worries of losing it.
            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

I've thrown the new XD......

I'm not sure if it's better or worse yet. I think that's good news that I didn't hate it right off the bat. I think it putts straighter and floatier than the older mold. It still comes out of my hand like the older ones.

More review details to come later.

Comment

From the PDGA forum.

----------------------------------------------------------
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Flash_25296 View Post
                Dave,

Has the Xd been retooled lately. It appears the newer ones coming into retailers is different from there predecessors?

If so why would you change something that so many people call home when it comes to putting?
                It seems there is a missing bead, however small the older ones were, on the new ones.
                We have gone back to the original XD without the bead, just as we did with the Aviar P&A. The old part was worn out and the small bead really didn't do anything.
                Current World Rank: 2857th
                Lowest Rated Round: 777
                Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Dave's response to flash on the PDGA forum worries me. When he says "part" is he referring to the mold? When a part part wears out does that mean we will never see that disc again? Is there no way to reproduce the part?
                  Current World Rank: 2857th
                  Lowest Rated Round: 777
                  Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                  Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                  Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                  Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                  Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                  Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Originally posted by keys View Post
                    Dave's response to flash on the PDGA forum worries me. When he says "part" is he referring to the mold? When a part part wears out does that mean we will never see that disc again? Is there no way to reproduce the part?
                    He's most likely referring to the mold. It is possible to replicate a plastic injection mold but it's extremely difficult to get everything exactly the same. The San Marino Roc is a good example. The mold broke, Innova had a new one made, the new san marino's are more stable than the old ones.

Comment

They should take the new molds and crash 'em into a few trees.
                      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

the obvious difference in the new mold is the dome on it. all of the xds at NA are the new mold except 1 157g. where did all the old mold go? just all of the sudden everyone is all out of them all at the same time? no one had back stock?
                        ________
                        Extreme vaporizers
                        Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

i noticed maybe a year ago that a couple xd's i got were domier than i like... then they went back to being flat... but i don't use my xd for a putter... i use it for my upshots... so i'm a bit distraught... luckily, my daddy's got a couple backups laying around... so i'm good for a little bit...

peace,
                          em
                          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                            i use it for my upshots...
                            Ever tried a Four-Times JK-Pro Aviar-X for that? Magic.
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                              Ever tried a Four-Times JK-Pro Aviar-X for that? Magic.
                              i will look into that, bob, thank you... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... altho, upshots was maybe a bit inaccurate... approaches would be a better description, i think... i've started using my aviar for my shorter upshots... it's just that with the xd i am freaking dead on accurate almost all of the time... i have more faith in that disc than any other... i just hate the idea of losing such a dependable part of my bag...

peace,
                              em
                              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Lat 64 Spikes are very XD-like in shape and flight with way more glide and in Zero plasic- hella sticky. They feel rigid in you hand but will fall dead after hitting something and won't slide like the XDs (I threw XDs for years but the hard plastic didn't work for my putting style and when I missed, sometimes I could still see the basket for my come-back putt).
                                What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X