X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discraft suggestions

Since I have been playing DG, all I have ever thrown was Innova. Lately I have been wondering, "What IF I could get a little more distance or accuracy with some Discraft products?" Could some of you give me a suggestion for a putter, midrange and driver so I can do a test run and see how it goes.
    Thanks in advance.

Magnet, buzzz, stalker, force/nuke
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

The Stalker is a nice fairway driver. Can't go wrong with a Buzzz for your mid. I prefer the Challenger for putting but many folks live by the Magnet. I haven't tried the Focus yet.

Comment

surge ss for D and surge for headwind drives. also the avenger ss changed my game. its silly understable and you'll be throwing long anys day 1. all in Z plastic.
        ________
        Big Tits Round
        Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscnRN View Post
          Since I have been playing DG, all I have ever thrown was Innova. Lately I have been wondering, "What IF I could get a little more distance or accuracy with some Discraft products?" Could some of you give me a suggestion for a putter, midrange and driver so I can do a test run and see how it goes.
          Thanks in advance.
          If you have the arm, try the force/nuke, if not really then try surge, surge SS, Avenger
          stalker, buzz and focus for anything 300 under

Comment

For some reason I really like Discraft for putters and midranges, mostly. My recommendations really depend on how much power you throw with. I really like a lot of their overstable stuff because they suit me: Zone for short range hyzers, Wasp, Force. However, anyone could benefit from the Challenger for putting, Buzzz for midrange, XL for easy distance or turnovers, and Stalker for straight drives.

Comment

One disc that never seems to get mentioned but I really love is the ESP Flash. It will pop over so you need to room to work but it will go a long way. I am also a big fan of the Nuke and the Force. For mids I throw the Buzzz and Meteor. I love them both. Putters its all about the feel. I like the Soft-X plastic.
              A par is not a bogey.

Comment

It also depends on what you want your disc to do. Putter's are easy, 150 in try a Mag and a Challenger (assuming pro D), Mids, if you're used to a Roc, try a Wasp (pro D), don't like the bead, try a Buzzz (pro D), in drivers...it depends on whether or not you like under-stable, neutral or stable...a few suggestions, in the same order, light beat Rogue (DGA made by Discraft), heavier beat Rogue, Z Rogue. The Force is nice, it starts out a bit more over stable, and this without a discussion on preferred weights. Have fun.
                'J'
                educate your thinking

Comment

I'd definitely recommend the Buzz as a great all around mid-range. As far as drivers go, I love the straight game, so I'd recommend trying the Xl as a fantastic fairway driver that is has a very gradual turn or fade depending on how you throw it. As far as max D, I haven't tried the Force or the Nuke but I've been using the FLX and ESP Surges for about a year for long and very straight drives.
                  PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                  dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

you wont get any more max D with a discraft driver. They aren't as fast as innova driver's

Comment

Originally posted by KCrabtree View Post
                      you wont get any more max D with a discraft driver. They aren't as fast as innova driver's
                      This is false. The Nuke is at least as fast as anything that Innova makes.

Back to the original topic: Throw the Z/ESP Predator. It is the most accurate slightly overstable disc on the market, and flies great in all kinds of wind conditions.
                      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

I have a XL and XS in elite Z plastic. Nothing else like'em. Realy good drivers. So far they have taken some realy, realy hard tree knockers and lived to fly again!! Man I hate "tree-nial".

Comment

Okay, I've got quite a few combos since I throw 99 percent Discraft.

Drivers:
                          Force (If you've got a good arm) ESP over Z
                          Nuke (If you've got a good arm and a need for ultra fast)
                          S.S. Avenger (easiest to throw for max d, hyzer flips, rollers, loonngg anny's) Z more stable, ESP for flips
                          Venom ESP (Great sidearm, AMAZING overhands) The Pro d version is great but beats WAY too fast

Mids:
                          Buzzz (Best all around mid ever made) Get a Z one and a FLX ESP
                          Wasp (Best all around over stable mid ever made) Z all the way
                          Meteor

Putter:
                          Focus (Challenger Wizard cross breed that flies fantastic) Pro D since the Soft X is no good for push putts
                          Ringer (Anything that is windy or anything within 150 to 30 this is my goto) Pro D
                          Last edited by General Scales; March 18th, 2010, 08:30 AM. Reason: Forgot Plastic Types
                          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                          Cleveland Brown

Comment

No one has mentioned the Impact. It's kind of a unique disc, somewhere between a midrange and a fairway driver, a little bit flippy, but potentially very very straight.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                              No one has mentioned the Impact. It's kind of a unique disc, somewhere between a midrange and a fairway driver, a little bit flippy, but potentially very very straight.
                              I hate that disc. I know a lot of people that throw it like a demon but I cannot get it to do anything. Mainly goes right in a never ending way for me. Don't care much for the rim feel either. I do have a buddy that swears by them and keeps at least two in the bag at all times. For me the Buzzz is just as long provided with a good snap and stays straight without that weird lip.
                              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X