X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timber View Post
    FLX is probably fine flightwise but I don't like the feel of it.
    Pro-D beats in too quick and loses some of its meathookness.

My FLX Drone is the Limited Edition ones that were the first to come out and I have beat and beat on that disc for a couple years now (when ever they first came out, I forgot) and that thing is as stable as a brand new one. I find that with the FLX plastic, it looks like it's beat but still maintains it's stability.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I agree with Timber. Floppy FLX plastic just doesn't feel right :/
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
        I agree with Timber. Floppy FLX plastic just doesn't feel right :/
        And I agree with Parks. I tried a soft FLX Buzzz and Surge when FLX was new on the market, and just didn't like the feel of it. Recently though, I've been looking for a super overstable mid for certain shots and decided to try out a FLX Drone. This one is flat top and doesn't feel like FLX at all, just normal ESP--the blend feels identical to the ESP Zone I got recently as well. It actually feels stiffer than several other Discraft discs that were supposed to be normal ESP that I've seen. It may be a mark against Discraft's consistency, but hey, I like it.
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Well, I would like to say that you can try anything out as Discraft stuff is just basically awesome and no matter which disc you try you will probably find a home for it in your bag......but that is not the question.

Putter...it really depends on what you like for feel, how you like to putt and will you be throwing it and what do you expect out of it in a throw. Probably the most universal putter is the Challenger and if you like stiff it would be D plastic for ya and if you like more grip try the X Soft Challenger. This is an overstable putter that will take good hard throws for long approaches and not turn over while being a very solid putter.

Mid...Easy to say the Buzzz as it is by far the most popular mid range in the line and just an all around great disc. When people who throw Innova generally carry seventeen different Rocs in their bag waiting for them to get tuned to the perfect throw, this is what they are waiting for....except it starts that way off the rack and stays that way if you use the Z or ESP plastic. Oh yeah, the durable plastic in the Buzzz is available at all times for standard pricing at you local retail outlet...like the pro shop at Dalaiwood!

Driver....So many options. I have thrown the XL since 1997 and is still the most controllable fairway driver ever. But remember, it is not a drvier that you just pull back and yank like the new speed 23.787 drivers. I love the Z plastic XL and it is a very good disc. For big D I am still using the ESP Flash with room to throw it and the Surge for more direct distance pulls. The Nuke has made a big impact in my bag but not the disc I would suggest to start in with.

Drivers are the hardest as they really depend on skill level and your desired style of throw. What is your favorite Innova driver that you are using now and I can probably make a better suggestion on what you may want to try first in Discraft.

No matter what, have fun with it and it's cool to see you trying all the brands as all the companies make discs that may turn out to be your favorites!

Later,
          Scott Papa
          Team Discraft
          Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

Until Discraft gets some fast 150 class distance drivers for my old slow arm, I'll be driving with Innovas.
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
              Until Discraft gets some fast distance drivers for my arm, I'll be driving with Innovas.
              Also true!
              Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                Until Discraft gets some fast 150 class distance drivers for my old slow arm, I'll be driving with Innovas.
                They make 150class forces. You can find them at sunking here

But you better hurry they only have 2 left
                www.soulpancake.com
                www.bahai.org
                http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

Originally posted by GettinBetter View Post
                  They make 150class forces. You can find them at sunking here

But you better hurry they only have 2 left
                  DiscGolfCenter.com has 3 of the D Forces in the 143-147 range too.

150g X Surges are widely available (actually down to 140g) but are extremely flippy.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Even though I'm a Discraft fan boy when I recommend a disc to a newbie it's usually Innova because of the better selection of weights, understable discs, and their flight chart which is easier to grasp at first over Discraft. Soooooooooooooo Innova is for casual players and Discraft is for serious players! hehe
                    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                      DiscGolfCenter.com has 3 of the D Forces in the 143-147 range too.

150g X Surges are widely available (actually down to 140g) but are extremely flippy.
                      Even better! (Forces that is). I agree that the 150 surges are too flippy. (they should start making them in ESP)
                      www.soulpancake.com
                      www.bahai.org
                      http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

O.K, so here's what I went with. (I'm the O.P. of this thread). An XS in elite Z, An Avenger in elite X, a first run Nuke ESP, A Buzzz ESP and a soft Focus.
                        I decided to go to a Champoeg as it has some nice variety on flat ground. Unfortunately, a fairly decent breeze was blowing so both accuracy and distance were hard to determine but my preliminary results were as followed. The XS was nice and slightly overstable and the Avenger gave me awesome side arm distance. I found the Nuke a little difficult to control. The Buzzz was nice and straight and I'll need to practice a little with the Focus. Again the breeze was such that it was even effecting putts in the 20-30 ft. range. I will have to get out to a football field on a calm day to get the real feel of how these throw.
                        If I can't get the Nuke under control, I may offer it up for a sixer of Newcastle Brown Ale (Yeah, I know it's English and not local but I've developed a mild allergy to hops which so many of our local beers are full of)

Comment

thats terrible! how do i avoid this?
                          ________
                          CREAMPIE DOUBLE
                          Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I'm not allergic to hops, but its closest cousin instead. Not funny.
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscnRN View Post
                              Since I have been playing DG, all I have ever thrown was Innova. Lately I have been wondering, "What IF I could get a little more distance or accuracy with some Discraft products?" Could some of you give me a suggestion for a putter, midrange and driver so I can do a test run and see how it goes.
                              Thanks in advance.
                              magnet/buzz/surge and flick for side arm

Comment

The Force is my new go-to driver replacing my Crush. I love it. Everyone should buy 15 now.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9SSP...eature=related

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X