Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only carry two discraft molds in my bag but I really like both of them and nobody else has mentioned them.

ESP Cyclone is a very versatile fairway driver.

The X Xpress is a good long anny disc and also makes a great backhand roller disc.

Comment

Win putter= GT banger, no wind= Wizard(DGA,is a Discraft company)
      Midrange wind=Wasp,....no wind=Buzz
      Driver wind=Extreme.....no wind= Elite Z Wildcat.

For some reason My Wildcats go further than my Surges.

Comment

Why doesn't anybody throw the Tracker? I played around with Discraft for about a year and thought that was the best discraft disc I tried. I think it's Discraft's equivalent to the Teebird. It's super controllable but still goes pretty far.

Comment

I also like the Tracker. I personally think it's noticeably more stable than a teebird, maybe half way between a Teebird and a Wraith in terms of stability. I'm just starting to throw mine. I heard most of the discraft pros think of it as a straight flyer, maybe even an anhyzer disc. I just don't see it that way. Mine is plenty stable. I'm sure it will beat in significantly over time though.

Comment

Originally posted by blang11 View Post
            I also like the Tracker. I personally think it's noticeably more stable than a teebird, maybe half way between a Teebird and a Wraith in terms of stability. I'm just starting to throw mine. I heard most of the discraft pros think of it as a straight flyer, maybe even an anhyzer disc. I just don't see it that way. Mine is plenty stable. I'm sure it will beat in significantly over time though.
            The tracker's stability changes a lot between plastic types. I liked the X plastic one. The ESP plastic was really stable.

Comment

Avenger SS is really cool for holding anhyzer lines and hyzer flip distance.

Predator is one of the most under rated discs ever made, a great utility disc. Headwinds, cut rollers, sidearm, tomahawk/thumbers, it can serve many purposes in your bag.

Meteor is a great slightly understable mid that glides like no other disc I've seen and holds anhyzer lines perfectly and can also do slow hyzers. During WA Team Golf Orion (tyvek on the forum here) ripped it up on the par 72 course at Steili with just two Meteors and a two putters.
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I wouldn't say a Tracker is like a Tee-Bird at all. It's a lot longer and faster then any Tee-bird that I've ever thrown. Sure it goes straight but thats about the only likeness. Do love them in the Z the most. I'd say the Discraft version of a Tee-Bird is the Stalker. Except that weird small bead they have on it.

As for the mention of the ESP Cyclone, I've got a 168 in my bag now (lightest disc in there at the moment). I LOVE IT! Its the closest thing I've thrown to those wonderful Tournament Pro Cyclones. And yes I should of mentioned it on my previous list, just forgot about it. Which most people do until somebody puts it back in their hands.
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by KCrabtree View Post
                  you wont get any more max D with a discraft driver. They aren't as fast as innova driver's
                  This made me laugh... I can't imagine a less true statement... for any Innova mold there is equivalent Discraft plastic. Like saying Ford makes faster cars than Dodge.

Comment

i dont know about anyone else but my star teebirds are just as stable as any wraith that i have ever owned,

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                    The tracker's stability changes a lot between plastic types. I liked the X plastic one. The ESP plastic was really stable.

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                      I hate that disc. I know a lot of people that throw it like a demon but I cannot get it to do anything. Mainly goes right in a never ending way for me. Don't care much for the rim feel either. I do have a buddy that swears by them and keeps at least two in the bag at all times. For me the Buzzz is just as long provided with a good snap and stays straight without that weird lip.
                      For me the Impact works great for Anhyzer shots around 200-250'.
                      For straight to hyzer I do go for the buzzz though.
                      According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

I throw a lot of Discraft. Love the Rattler, Buzzz, Wasp, XS, XL, Avenger SS, Predator. Learning to love the Comet and Stalker. Never quite clicked with the Cyclone.

But...if I could only keep one Discraft disc in my bag it would be a Drone. Especially in Z plastic if you can find one. mmmmm

Comment

A discraft person like yourself should be throwing a Surge, and a Tracker!
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by Timber View Post
                            I throw a lot of Discraft. Love the Rattler, Buzzz, Wasp, XS, XL, Avenger SS, Predator. Learning to love the Comet and Stalker. Never quite clicked with the Cyclone.

But...if I could only keep one Discraft disc in my bag it would be a Drone. Especially in Z plastic if you can find one. mmmmm
                            Never thrown the Z version but I swear by my FLX Drone, what's so tasty about the Z version over the others?
                            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                              Never thrown the Z version but I swear by my FLX Drone, what's so tasty about the Z version over the others?
                              FLX is probably fine flightwise but I don't like the feel of it.
                              Pro-D beats in too quick and loses some of its meathookness.

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                                to me the z line is way more durable. witch to me stays stable longer.

i love my surges. my flx surge ss just loves to helix. i also have 4 buzzzz 1 flx, 2 crystals,and a elite Z. i also have a wasp for tee'in off on shorter holes. but i do feel i need to try some of the other lines that discraft puts out.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X