X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviar Driver??

Anybody throw one of these yet? I can get a good rip on my champ aviar putter but dunno anything about the driver. Would like to know more before I get one.

Great disc really over stable its just a avair with the big bead on it
    PDGA # 31451
    2 Mini Aces
    74 Aces
    PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
    DISC GOLF OR DIE
    BOB CABAL
    DISCVANGO
    JEFF ELLIOT
    G-MAN
    JORDAN LEWIS
    JEFF HAGERTY
    JAMES GARCELON
    SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by chris7graham View Post
      Great disc really over stable its just a avair with the big bead on it

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that the Aviar Drivers are BEADLESS . . . making them a tiny bit more aerodynamic, flying faster through the air. The Aviar Driver molds tend to be more overstable at low speeds, such as putting or fading out of a drive. In my experience, each mold is just as understable out of the hand at high speed . . .

BTW, Thanks ANTHONY SALEE for the sweet Champ Glow Aviar Driver w/ Gentlemens Club '10 stamp!! WOOT!! She's a dandy . . .

-Derek
      new DGO.com up soon

Comment

I have a star aviar driver and on the back under the 175 it reads "s-bb" (star big bead). It does have a bead, but i have not thrown it and more than likely will not. Weird thing about this disc is that its a milky translucent color (or colorless). Feels and looks just like champion, but says star..........hmmmm. Anyway, i think they are all big bead and my guess would be overstable.
        WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Most and I do say most not all, production Aviar drivers are beadless. Though they do make some, and having fondled a few today, with a big bead. The DX Aviar driver I use is beadless and recently have been tossing a lot of air bounce up shots with it. It is less stable than a KC with a touch more glide.

Comment

Looks like I'll just have to get 1 with the beed on it and give it a throw..

Comment

All the Aviar Drivers I have seen are beaded. I have friend who throws them a lot. He can get it to go forever. Just my 2cents.

Comment

The only Aviar drivers I have ever seen are all beaded. I've also only personally seen them in Stard

This is what the Innova website has to say about the Aviar Driver

'About the Star Aviar Driver
                The Star Aviar Driver is made from the Big Bead driver mold. This is the same mold used for the KC and JK Aviar. It has the same flight characteristics of these ever popular discs plus the additional bonus of Star plastic. Star plastic gives the Aviar Driver more durability and offers players another grip option. Great for drives, approaches and putts. Available in 165 to 175 grams.'
                My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

^^ Agreed.

Comment

I putt with the aviar driver. in between a JK & KC aviar. very overstable, with a bead.

Comment

Originally posted by KCrabtree View Post
                      I putt with the aviar driver. in between a JK & KC aviar. very overstable, with a bead.
                      Don't tell anybody. Isn't dave mac going to get upset?
                      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

How much different is the Aviar Drive from a CE Aviar? I know the material but flight...my CE Aviar is overstable, but not a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Madrid View Post
                          How much different is the Aviar Drive from a CE Aviar? I know the material but flight...my CE Aviar is overstable, but not a lot.

The CE's (2) i have are BB's
                          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X