X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Kicks

So with the great NW weather begining to roll in, and this being my first winter playing I was curious about footwear. Currently I just wear my old beat up vans, but the durability in water is questionable. What kind of shoes do you all recommend for winter throwing?

I also need to work on my rain gear collection.
    Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
    PDGA #37890
    Stumptown #157
    ODW TDG 10-11
    3C&D TDG 09-10

Since I don't have the money to buy some fancy gore-tex shoes I just keep a pair of old shoes in the trunk to wear while golfing. Don't forget to bring an extra pair of socks for after the round when you put your dry shoes back on though! I'll post a pic of my awesome kicks tonight. Sam and Jamie saw them last night and didn't say anything but I'm sure they were laughing on the inside.

Comment

Dammit... did I miss something funny?!
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

put on one pair of socks......put a small plastic grocery bag over each sock......

put on another pair of socks over the plastic bags......put on your shoes......Bingo

Comment

Or if you do have $$

http://www.keenfootwear.com/product_....aspx?sku=1234

Comment

Seal-Skinz also work really well - but wear socks in them or they will start smelling bad. With those, any pair of shoes will do.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Just to be clear......I have never tried this......but I heard it works......

I prefer my Salomons XA Comp GTX trail runners......http://www.rei.com/product/757237

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                Dammit... did I miss something funny?!
                You tell me.

They may not look good but they added 50 feet to my drives and increased my putting at 30 feet to 92%.

Ok, not really. But at least they were free!!!

Comment

Wow, dude... I just scolded Jamie because she noticed and didn't point it out to me so I could openly ridicule you. Next time.
                  By the by... this is some damned good beer. "We're Only In It for the Money" might be moving on up the list as I drink it...
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

By the by... this is some damned good beer. "We're Only In It for the Money" might be moving on up the list as I drink it...
                    Yeah! Zappa beer! I liked their "Lumpy Gravy" from earlier in the year better, but this one is damn good too. Their Maximus IPA and Cappucino Stout are both highly drinkable as well. Mmmmmm....sorry for the thread drift, but, mmmmmmmm......

Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Their "Censored" is my favorite behind Dead Guy and Mirror Pond and Bridgeport...
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Merrell!!!!

Merrell shoes hands down. I questioned the price at first but I still have my chameleon wraps from 2 years ago. Only shoes that I will disc in. The Vibram soles are a plus and they last considerably longer than other brands which cost the same(Salomon etc)
                        Last edited by avenger_ray; October 2nd, 2008, 06:57 PM.
                        Challengers-Rocs-Drone-Teebirds-TL-Wraiths-Destroyers

Comment

Glad you like it. After spending 10 minutes in the walk-in cooler at the store it jumped out at me. Still wish they wouldn't have been out of Eye of the Hawk though.

Comment

If you can get shoes/boots with "Stealth" rubber soles, do it. It has amazing traction on all hard surfaces, even when wet. My waterproof Vasques have Stealth soles.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I just picked up a pair of Bogs, super comfort, great traction, and under a C note.
                              educate your thinking

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X