X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best shoes for disc golf.

I am planning on buying a new pair of shoes to golf in. I think I want them to be water proof but other than that I am open to anything. What does everyone recommend?

keen milos.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by BSTM View Post
      I am planning on buying a new pair of shoes to golf in. I think I want them to be water proof but other than that I am open to anything. What does everyone recommend?
      Any shoe can be "water-proofed." I recomend a comfortable shoe with a good insole that has cross-trainer like traction (i.e. good on grass, dirt, concrete, or whatever). I use a pair of "water-proof" colman light hiking boots that I upgraded the insole in. I bought them a Bi-Mart for like $35 which is less than half the MSRP of the Keen Milo. I have used them daily for the last 6 months and I excpet them to last another 6 (I go through shoes rather quickly as I have mobility issues).
      Throw What You Know.
      "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
      PDGA# 45989

Comment

I'm a big Keen fan myself. The Milo's are a great shoe

Comment

According to Killa...... no shoes are the best! He played Team Disc Golf at Yauger with out shoes!
          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I disagree with Uhlman's statement that "any shoe can be water-proofed." Unless he means wearing waterproof socks, like SealSkinz.

What you want in a disc golf shoe is waterproofness and a good sticky sole; beyond that, I think it's mostly personal preference.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
              I disagree with Uhlman's statement that "any shoe can be water-proofed." Unless he means wearing waterproof socks, like SealSkinz.

What you want in a disc golf shoe is waterproofness and a good sticky sole; beyond that, I think it's mostly personal preference.
              Have you not heard of sno seal? and no shoe is 100% waterproof (unless you are wearing rubber boots) either they are more water resistant any one who has been backpacking for any lenth of time knows that.
              Throw What You Know.
              PDGA# 45989

Comment

The specific brand name on the shoe doesn't matter. The ideal DG shoe for the NW is a good fitting lightweight trail runner. A water resistant pair for half the year and a more breathable pair for the other half. Things I look for are light but reasonably durable uppers with a running shoe type midsole. I prefer some degree of lug sole also for traction. You don't want super sticky rubber though because it will wear out faster on concrete tees.

Comment

Best shoes...

I have to say that purchasing a pair of
                  Salomon XT Wings 2 Trail-Running Shoes - Men's
                  Price: $130.00
                  Definatley the best disc golf shoe that I have used and if you do buy them at REI, you can return them at any time with almost no questions asked for a brand new pair, making the outrageous price alot more tolerable. I bought the non waterproof version and went through four pairs only having to pay for one, and now i have the waterproof version and surprisingly havent need to replace them and I have had them for 9 months wearing them very often.Oh yeah did I mention they are availble in Orange... Go Beavs
                  Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

I like these.
                    Montrail Namche
                    $40 buck on Amazon (usually $99).
                    Super lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Bird View Post
                      Montrail Namche
                      $40 buck on Amazon (usually $99).
                      Wow, that's a great deal. If only I wasn't afraid to buy shoes without trying 'em on...
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Wow, that's a great deal. If only I wasn't afraid to buy shoes without trying 'em on...

i gotta agree here.

i just can not bring myself to buy shoes without trying them on. i have found diff types/brands of shoes vary for me 1 full size plus.
                        "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I agree with you as I HAVE to have a shoe that fits good. That said, you CAN go to a local retailer that sells that shoe, try it on and find the size that's right, then go online and order.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                            I agree with you as I HAVE to have a shoe that fits good. That said, you CAN go to a local retailer that sells that shoe, try it on and find the size that's right, then go online and order.

Bob
                            of course Bob has to go and bring the logic to this thread......

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I think you are going to get as many answers as "What is the best disc to throw?" with this question.
                              Throw What You Know.
                              PDGA# 45989

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X