X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone thrown the Nuke?

I am considering ordering a Disc Craft Nuke and am wondering if anyone has tossed it yet? How about the Katana? I think I am going to snag them both, but if I had to choose between the two...

It depends on your power level.

The Katana is more understable and definitely easier to throw, but the Nuke is probably longer if you have 400' of power or so.
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Yes I have thrown the Nuke, thanks for asking.
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I threw a nuke but one time, just a couple days ago. Relative to my usual throws, it went faaar with little effort on my part. So much so that since the time I threw it I have been thinking about getting a couple. In fact I will probably run down to NA as soon as they open and see what they got. I haven't put a new mold in my bag in forever. If it works out this could be very exciting. :P

Comment

I'm waiting for regular-production Champ Katanas.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I hope it's a rumor, Adam, but I heard that Katanas won't be normal production run in Champion this year.

I was out at Disc Golf Depot yesterday and he had Nukes in stock as well as Katanas in Pro (normal release) and Champion (CFR, $20).

Comment

From what I understand, CFR will be the only way to get Champion Katanas in 2010. Star Katanas are expected to be released for production runs in 2010 though.

Comment

the nuke is awsome when i throw it with all of its potential being used. i throw it correctly about 1 in 6 throws now. it throws just like a surge imo. the plastic feels really good in your hand though, very grippy. i threw a champion katana once and really liked the flight on it but i will NOT pay 25 bux for a disc. shame on you innova! money hungry dicks.
                ________
                Bondage anal
                Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

I'm waiting for the Sparkle Z run of Nukes
                  educate your thinking

Comment

I want a Z Katana.

I also got to feel the Opto (I think...) plastic that Adam has posted about and think they should make Katanas in it as well.

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                    I'm waiting for the Sparkle Z run of Nukes

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
                      I also got to feel the Opto (I think...) plastic that Adam has posted about and think they should make Katanas in it as well.
                      Then you just need to get a lightweight Opto Halo and beat it up some.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I bought one and threw it yesterday.
                        Not crazy about it but that's mainly because I don't like rims that wide (ie Groove).
                        Anyone know if the other plastics will also have the wide rim?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
                          shame on you innova! money hungry dicks.
                          Its the TDs and tournaments that most often benefit, not directly
                          innova. As a TD you pay a reasonable rate and then use them to generate $$$ for your tournament.
                          'Weekend 4 Women':
                          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

i throw it correctly about 1 in 6 throws now. it throws just like a surge imo.
                            That DOES sound just like a Surge

i threw a champion katana once and really liked the flight on it but i will NOT pay 25 bux for a disc. shame on you innova! money hungry dicks.
                            Demand is setting that price for retailers, not Innova. Its the same reason the Memorial Nukes were going for $25+.

AFAIK, Innova isn't selling these for any more than other discs in equivalent plastics. Also, keep in mind where the money for CFR discs go.
                            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

opto is sweet! i'm in love with the JL striker in opto. like a fast stalker.
                              ________
                              Weed vaporizers
                              Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X