X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMan View Post
    Until then I'll stick with my Rogues (very under rated disc).
    I think the Rogue is great... it's what I wanted the Surge SS to be.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

The Rogue and the Surge SS are the same mold. So what you wanted should have came true. Unless you don't like the Z and FLX plastic.

I'm also waiting for the Z Nuke but I'm throwing the ESP in the meantime.
      A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
        The Rogue and the Surge SS are the same mold.
        So they say, but every SSS I've tried was much beefier than the Rogues I've thrown and seen.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Ya. I'd probably have to agree with that.
          A par is not a bogey.

Comment

And back on-topic, I've thought about trying the Nuke, but I just love my Halos so much... they have a really shallow rim that helps compensate for the super-wide wing, grip-wise.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

The Nuke is my longest disc, but its also very hard to control. It stays at home for any serious rounds.
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                The Nuke is my longest disc, but its also very hard to control. It stays at home for any serious rounds.
                Yeah, the disc does have a learning curve. I've been using it for really nice floaty hyzers in the 350-380 range. I didn't use it once at the DRO. Took it out actually because I didn't want to reach for it.

Thing is money though when you get the good snap and release out of it. Threw one @ St Mary's in the Spokane Valley 416 feet. Was my third throw of the day (first two were Forces, none of which was further then 375). Measured with my buddys range finder that he has for hunting. Think it was a Leopold.

It's definitely more forgiving on release errors then the Force. Still won't replace my Forces though since on average I throw them much further and consistently. One day it'll earn it's spot when I just need to go R-Tard far. IT'S JUST SO DAMN FAST!!! I think it's honestly the fastest disc produced yet. Haven't thrown a Halo yet though.
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

I was out today compairing my friends rogue to the nuke. The rogue is too under stable for me. The nuke is flat but I can turn it over easy if needed. The rogue is super fast though. I'm gona stay with my champ orc and mabe get a champ monarch.
                  Hukin since 1992
                  DGOD #115

Comment

bought a 165 cause i didnt have a big arm maybe 275 consistantly with surges (at the time) out of the box it turned like a force (heeeeeaaaavvvy turn) now my snap is better and the disc is broken in and this thing is KA-rayzay long im up to about 375 when thrown well. its got some s turn and a nice finish. love it

Comment

The Rogue and the Surge SS are the same mold. So what you wanted should have came true. Unless you don't like the Z and FLX plastic.

I'm also waiting for the Z Nuke but I'm throwing the ESP in the meantime.
                      Untrue. The Rogue is .1 cm taller than the Surge SS and has a .1cm thicker rim. Look at the specs on the PDGA page.
                      Challengers-Rocs-Drone-Teebirds-TL-Wraiths-Destroyers

Comment

Originally posted by avenger_ray View Post
                        Untrue. The Rogue is .1 cm taller than the Surge SS and has a .1cm thicker rim. Look at the specs on the PDGA page.
                        This isn't conclusive.

Although I do believe that the Rogue and Surge SS may be slightly different molds, the difference you are citing could be variations in the way the different plastic cools.
                        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

So the nukes I have are first run stamped. They have a pretty normal looking wing for a fast driver. Mostly flat but just slightly concave. A friend of mine just got one at next adventure a couple weeks ago that does not have the first run stamp. The wing is much different. It has a little bit of a convex profile. Doesn't look right, doesn't fly right.

Anyone else seen what I'm talking about? If all the regular production esp nukes are coming out like that I don't think I am gonna want any.

Comment

My regular production nuke is exactly the same as my proto memorial nuke.
                            A par is not a bogey.

Comment

My regular production nuke is exactly the same as my proto memorial nuke.
                              That's a relief. I'm hoping this funny looking one is just some sort of one time aberration. I'm still curious if anyone else has come across any, because if I mail order any nukes and get those I will not be stoked. Take a look at the rim before you buy from NA though, cause you want to make sure it's a good one.

Comment

I have replaced a boss or two in my bag with the nukes. They fly just as far as a boss with about half the power/snap. At least for me that is. Up until i got this disc i could never reach hole 10 at Arlington . I don't really know how far that is but it is 420+ for sure. I would recommended them to anyone who has not tried them.

Finally Discraft answers the Boss.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X