Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever try driving with a ball golf glove on?

I've seen a few people in videos that use a glove when driving. I can't remember his name but there's a Oregon player who does that I've seen in a Rose City Open video. I'm sort of intrigued by the idea but don't really feel like spending the money if most people think it's pointless. I don't beleive I have a grip problem but maybe it could help ?
    My favourite putter is my driver.

I've wondered whether using a glove might save wear and tear on my index finger. Either a golf glove or batting glove...
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Heh yeah. I've definately got a noticable ridge on my finger where the disc last makes contact snapping it out. I've also got to tape up my lower index finger if I throw a lot of flicks cause it'll get really sore.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
        I've seen a few people in videos that use a glove when driving. I can't remember his name but there's a Oregon player who does that I've seen in a Rose City Open video. I'm sort of intrigued by the idea but don't really feel like spending the money if most people think it's pointless. I don't beleive I have a grip problem but maybe it could help ?
        I believe Jeremy Volker plays with the golf glove. I think he is the only one i've seen.

Comment

I can't imagine it would be helpful. For me, the "feel" of the disc is very important. And I have enough grip lock adventures as it is, thank you very much.

Comment

Some top pros like Nate Doss and Barry Schultz tape their fingers for similar reasons, I believe. It reduces wear on your fingers, and maybe improves grip a little.
            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

hmm... i've wanted something for wintertime golf cause my little fingies get cold... counterintuitive to me that it would help with grip as opposed to interfering... but i may just have to give it a try... plus, a glove or tape would probably make me look cooler...

peace,
              em
              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Jeremy Voelker,Mike Suhoki,Dana Lawton all use a glove when Driving.
                "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Maybe I'll try to find them on facebook or something and ask them what made them try it and why they close to keep it. Thanks!

Comment

There's a guy we play with here (Karl) who picked up a pair of WR gloves last winter. The grip was awesome but of course he had to adjust his drive when he had it on...

Comment

You can contact Dana via the WDGC Yahoo group.
                      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                        You can contact Dana via the WDGC Yahoo group.
                        Thanks. I also found her on facebook.

Comment

Cool. (Dana is a him, not a her.)
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
                            Thanks. I also found her on facebook.
                            Go to members list (on this web site) look up Voelker (in the V's)and drop him a PM.

Comment

DC Dan wears a glove on his throwing hand. I wonder what kind it is.
                              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X