X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request of Dyers in Portland...

If any of you have some little scraps of vinyl left over from a project and wouldn't mind letting me have them for cheap I'd be much obliged.

One of your posts the other day gave me an idea that I want to explore...

How much are you wanting and where exactly are you located? I have no car so you would have to come to Hillsboro to get some from me.
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

8 or 10 1-1.5" circles and some other odd-sized stuff.

I have a car and an abundance of time

I live in NE close in...

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
      How much are you wanting and where exactly are you located? I have no car so you would have to come to Hillsboro to get some from me.

Comment

I got some to spare if you can make it here. Also I have a partial roll of clear Orcal 631 vinyl you can have for free. I bought it and dont like it. its too much like contact paper for me. maybe you could use it to suit your needs. Pm will be sent with my number.

Comment

Thanks!

I got some to spare if you can make it here. Also I have a partial roll of clear Orcal 631 vinyl you can have for free. I bought it and dont like it. its too much like contact paper for me. maybe you could use it to suit your needs. Pm will be sent with my number.

Comment

Does it work as well as the other vinyl you use, or are there other problems with it? Clear vinyl sounds interesting....
            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

I thought the clear would be good. even easier to see the design underneath. To me this stuff was too much like contact paper. Had a lot of runs, didnt hold well at all around the edges. Just didnt work as well for me as the white Oracal 651 I normally use.

Comment

I wonder if they have clear 651...
                The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

They do. http://www.signwarehouse.com/VOR6511...-1510-000.html

I dont think I want to risk it with clear again. I will stick to my white

Comment

Thanks Trozz, I'll have to get you back somewhere, somehow...

Now to start making that mess...

Comment

No problem, have fun!!

Comment

Just an FYI if you apply Oracal series vinyl with soapy water on both the tacky side of the vinyl and to your disc, then squeeze the extra water out along with the air bubbles, it will bond quite well. Though it may be a pain to remove after the fact. We use Oracal vinyl's on our boats at work, instead of painting them 90% of the time.

Comment

Just an FYI to anyone trying to dye discs... I have an ubundance of the materials that you will need to get the job done right, and I will ship it anywhere quickly as long as you can spot me back for the shipping. I also have a plotter, so if you can get me a full sized vector image I can just zap it out and send it to you. I know that dyeing discs is a pain in the a**, and I would love to hook anyone up who has the time and skill to sit there and do it. Obviously this stuff costs money, but if I buy it in bulk and cut it up before I send it, it will be pretty cheap... Just gimme a call, or send me a txt....

425-330-8861

Colin Pavlak

- TEAM SLASHED ACE -
                          - LAYIN INK SINCE MMX -

Comment

A plotter would be sweet, especially on multi run dyes. I personally love, and prefer the fact that all of my dyes are 100% cut by hand. It adds a more personal touch to it.

Comment

UUUHGGGG. please no advertisments for peddling your stuff here. do that sort of thing somewhere else and save us all the pain of reading through it.
                              thanks.
                              Team HOSER:dancing:
                              Team OLY:cheerleader:
                              Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X