X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Gators with a bead ? ? ?

Did anyone else notice that the newest runs of Star Gators are no longer beadless?!? EGAT!!! They now have beads like their champion plastic brethren . . .

I just may have to horde a few beadless examps away . . .

-Derek
    www.DiscGolfOregon.com

Beaded star gators? Maybe they won't suck super hard anymore. The star and dx gators have always seemed so pointless to me. My CE gator is money.
    My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

150 class DX Gators have a bead, just like the CFR.
      www.soulpancake.com
      www.bahai.org
      http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

All DX and Champ Gators are X mold, AFAIK. There may be an older mold without as blunt of a nose, but it still has a bead.

Its good to see the most recent run of Star be the X mold, as well. The Gator-L struck me as quite useless in that it was an overstable mid that didn't fight the wind or OAT well.
        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
          The star and dx gators have always seemed so pointless to me. My CE gator is money.
          Almost correct. Actually, the proper overstable-beat-in DX Gator is a money disc. Throw it REALLY hard with hyzer, watch it come up to flat, and glide 300+ with no fade.....

Then again, a FLX Buzzz will glide 300+ with no fade BRAND NEW out of the box, thrown flat, and will stay that way for much longer.
          Last edited by TreeLove; February 13th, 2010, 11:44 AM. Reason: Forgot Buzzz has three "z"s...
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Ah, the FLX Buzzz: throw it hard, it go straight.
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

There is a place in my bag for the star and champ gator. I like the reliable fade-to-skip action of the beadless Gator, great for just sliding one in there. The beaded Gator has less tendency to roll or skip away, but always fades . . . just toss to the right (or flick to the left) of your target and watch it fade on in . . .

-Derek

www.DiscGolfOregon.com

Comment

Champ gators are also great for grenade spikes.
                My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

You might be the first 'gator' guy that I've heard give any sort of endorsement to the star gator...
                  Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                    You might be the first 'gator' guy that I've heard give any sort of endorsement to the star gator...

Until Eco-Star plastic came out my goto beadless Star Gator was the only Star plastic in my bag . . . and only because of the beadless Star mold . . .

You know that saying, "Let the disc do the work"? Well, my Star Gators are very reliable workers . . .

-Derek

www.DiscGolfOregon.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X