Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all comes down to throwing what you know, how you throw, and what you like.
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
      Somebody has been reading DGR. I think the only ones you left off were the PD, Predator and Comet.
      I haven't thrown the PD so I can't say whether the hype is justified.

The Predator is hyped just right. It delivers on all the promises, and its either the favorite or go-to disc in most Discraft pro bags for a reason. Its just that not a lot of people throw them outside of DGR or all Discraft bags.

As for the Comet, I've already nailed it as an overhyped waste of bag space.
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Everyone is an authority.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Olmsted View Post
          Blanket statements about Discraft just make me laugh these days, it's perfectly rational to critique both of the main disc manufacturers, I can level legitimate criticism of Discraft. But if all the discs they made were poor, why would sponsored pros win tournaments throwing only Discraft plastic? If the gap between the two companies was enough to add or subtract even just 2 strokes no top pro would ever play for the lesser company. Just my $.02
          Well said, Joshua. My biggest issue with discrap is that it seems to me that any disc they make is a knee jerk reaction to something Innova (and back in the day Wham-O) has already made
          "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Pepsi, Please!

Comment

Coke is the real thing!

Comment

Coming into the game late, or at least off of an hiatus between old school Wham-Os with stakes and power poles for targets, and seeing my first baskets around the debut of the Beast, and finding lost discs of all stripes and vintages over the past 8 years, what I see is an evolution. As to who copies whom, and when, I can't say. I don't have the pop to judge most molds in most plastics. Of what I can throw, for distance, I like Innova in the cheap and fragile plastics. I find I must try many to get one keeper, once I find something that works, if it's Innova. Everything else in my bag is Discraft, except putters like the JuJu or Four Times JK Aviar-X. I carry three FLX Buzzzes. They're very close to flying the same. That's my bag, and of that, I am an authority.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I may give Discraft throwers crap from time to time, but hell I give everyone crap from time to time. I don't fault them for throwing what works for them, heck I started playing throwing mostly discraft other than a cobra and roc. What works, works!

Comment

Steady Ed had his aches put into discs at the DISCRAFT FACTORY! End of debate.
                    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Did he have his pains injected into discraft too???

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                      Steady Ed had his aches put into discs at the DISCRAFT FACTORY! End of debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                        Try combinations of more hyzer, more air, less arm speed and more late snap, different nose angles, and pixie dust.

Some discs are better rollers than others, and Stratuses are good rollers. You just have to figure them out.

These aren't backhand rollers but check out a guy that can make tricky rollers work with a Stratus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apSL3JGCUEo
                        Yeah, that Getting Out of Trouble vid has helped me in a few situations. I spent a decent amount of time this week doing field work and snorted a few lines of pixie dust. Didn't help my rollers with a Stratus. It did make me want to slaughter a few dozen pixie's though. That pixie dust gets on top of you. Probably worse then meth.
                        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

different people should use different discs. next time someone tells you that a disc is wonderful compare your skill or style to theirs before believing their review.

The most over rated disc is the one that a player shouldn't be throwing but have convinced them self it works for them.
                          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I have an all Discraft bag and it happened on accident. I used to throw mainly Innova because of the availability of lower weights, especially 150 class but since I have learned to throw in the past year and half I have less need for the low weight. I bought a misprint deal of Discraft from Sportdiscs.com and fell in love with a couple of discs there, then when FLX plastic came out I bought a bunch of that too and one day I realized I didn't have any more Innova or Lightning (yes I used Lightning, SHUT UP! ) in my bag and I haven't really gone back since. I make a lot of jokes with people about it but I really don't have much of a bias other than I am more comfortable with Discraft and their molds at this point and it's what I choose to throw. I am experimenting with a Pro Katana in the field right now.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Im starting to swing more towards the latitude 64 end of the spectrum. I love the feel of their opto line plastic. So sweet. I just got a gold line halo, and have only thrown it a few times. So far, so good.

Comment

Jesse you throw Latitude?! NO!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X